General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 11:10 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that's pretty messed up...

I "finished" my seafoam treatment and the truck feels a little better, but I think somehow something went wrong. I sprayed the seafoam into the intake like I've always done, let it sit about a half hour to clean everything out, but then when I went out to restart the car... it didn't smoke. At all. I cannot imagine my engine had absolutely no carbon buildup in the cylinders/intake/etc at all, so I can't figure out what could have happened.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yup, I'm not sure how many years we've been #1 for murders, home invasions, violence etc per capita but we're up there.
"The knife on my hip pocket is for work officer, I'm a shipper/receiver & have to cut open packlists & boxes continuously. The blade is only 3 3/4" so it's legal here being unconcealed."

Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Wow, that's pretty messed up...

I "finished" my seafoam treatment and the truck feels a little better, but I think somehow something went wrong. I sprayed the seafoam into the intake like I've always done, let it sit about a half hour to clean everything out, but then when I went out to restart the car... it didn't smoke. At all. I cannot imagine my engine had absolutely no carbon buildup in the cylinders/intake/etc at all, so I can't figure out what could have happened.
Maybe you waited too long & the seafoam (a petroleum distillate) evaporated?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 PM

I've done it on several cars in the past and always gave it about a half hour before restarting. Always worked before, but I suppose that's possible.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran

I suppose it could depend on how much went down there, humidity, if the engine was cold or hot, the amount of wind & if the hood was up lol... lots of things.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 PM

Same process as always. Drove the car around to get up to normal operating temp, sprayed it in until the canister was empty, replaced the hose on the intake, shut the hood, shut it off, screw around for a half hour, start up and go drive.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran

Hmmm if you've done it more than twice a year or 10,000- 15,000 miles you may be flogging a dead horse. Clean is clean & too much may hurt bearings, piston rings, seals etc etc.
But it should still fog for mosquitos like a banchee out the exhaust
Seafoam.mp4 - YouTube & I have (fake) dual exhaust

Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 PM

First time I've done it on the Blazer. I just purchased it in May. I'm just talking about the process I've used on my other vehicles.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

I seafoamed the gas tank a week back and now ill seafoam the intake, glad to hear others have done it too bc i wasn't sure if it was used in blazers or not...and fixed the p0440 code, EVAP system, the freaking gas cap wasn't clicked 3x, weird since it didn't code for like 5days. but whatever. going to be painting my last name on the driver/passenger door in blue metallic later this week too. Happy blazin guys

Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Beginning Member
mzdee is on a distinguished road

hey ya'll mzdee here, can anyone advise me as to why my abs light comes on somes time and others times it don't I took it to mechanic he hook it up to computer no codes came up and he said not to worry about it that sometimes sand gets in there and causes that is that true? thanks to anyone who responds

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?