General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:36 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Haha, such good info you had to post twice?

Edit, too slow, you already changed your post.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Beginning Member
KNOFF1987 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Got my shackle lift and tbar crank all set stoked to have some fun this weekend. Supposed to be having this wonderful hurricane here so it should make for some nice muddin

Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Found a bolt in my truck (probably from something I did on my Neon that got transferred over... or my seat is going to fall out, not sure) and it worked perfectly to bolt my oil filter trapdoor closed. So I tightened that up a bit and now I don't have flappy door syndrome.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Ok, thanks for the info litterbug. I was wondering the best way to route the wires. But in the grille sounds as good as any. I picked up the relay today and am still planning on going to hf to get the lights saturday. Hopefully irene doesn't hit us over here.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by litterbug
you could have just gotten a pair of KCs. they come with everything needed. but they are like 100 bucks for a pair. but damn are they bright. lol. if you do get those lights from harbor freight i would do the HID conversion on them to make them brighter and i would paint them. i hear the finish comes off and they like to pit right away.

im going to eventually get 4 of them and put them on my roof. i already have 2 KCs on my brush guard. one is cracked so it kinda rattles. i should probably call KC and complain but im too lazy. lol
Driving lights or fog lights? <edit> nevermind, you'd never mount driving or fog lights on the roof, I missed that part lol
The Piaa 520i fog lights I have are amazing!
The 1st pic is just the low beams. The garbage cans are about 100' & the house across the street about 200'+. Look at the difference with the Piaa's, even the sheds by the house, snowbanks on the right of the pic are lit up.
It's a far reaching narrow but wide beam they put out & are amazing in my opinion.
I got the complete kit with relay, illuminated switch, wiring harness etc for about $200 awhile back.
Pay attention to where you're mounting lights if they're going to be IN the grille guard! Some lights may not fit after they're mounted on the bolt &/or mounting brackets.
You have to pay attention to the total height of the opening & the total height of the mounted light.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dscn0143-rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-dscn0144-rs.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Those lights are nice

Went for a drive didn't wanna stay home. Tomorrow no work again so going to be home =( and no money to spend on blazer so yea boredom boredom boredom

Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I have work tomorrow ugh. Worked from 7am - 4:45 today, no breaks. A totally insane mad rush day & just kept going, loading 4 trucks, unloading others & looking at my blazer sitting there & my bassboat on the other side of the lot.
What have I gotten done on my blazer today? Today I almost cried over it lol I wanted to take the boat out & get the (insert 4 letter word ____ <---here) out of there!
John, what about detailing, paint touch-ups, cleaning, alchohol cleaning the wipers, making the glass streak free, getting the cleaners & rags & going over the engine, vacuuming it. All things that are free or you probably have the supplies on hand. Doing that will get a feeling of accomplishment & feels DAMN good to drive knowing it's all done up.
Rottidog is wise - beyond his beers.

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-25-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I have work tomorrow ugh. Worked from 7am - 4:45 today, no breaks. A totally insane mad rush day & just kept going, loading 4 trucks, unloading others & looking at my blazer sitting there & my bassboat on the other side of the lot.
What have I gotten done on my blazer today? Today I almost cried over it lol I wanted to take the boat out & get the (insert 4 letter word ____ <---here) out of there!
John, what about detailing, paint touch-ups, cleaning, alchohol cleaning the wipers, making the glass streak free, getting the cleaners & rags & going over the engine, vacuuming it. All things that are free or you probably have the supplies on hand. Doing that will get a feeling of accomplishment & feels DAMN good to drive knowing it's all done up.
Rottidog is wise - beyond his beers.

Inside is spotless

Outside i cant do much since the rain and the wind

Were getting a little bit of irene

It could use a good wash and wax

Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

well since i figured im getting paid tonight i figured i might as well get some wheel spacers ive been looking at. should work nicely. thanks to warthogdriver for showing me them. hopefully will be here by the weekend.

ohhhh and i did try the fix for the cold solders on the wiper motor again. it didnt work the first time and it seems to have worked this time... i hope... im sick of having wipers that start and stop in the middle of my windshield. going to cause me to crash one of these days.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

I finally got around to replacing the spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I've had the stuff for about a year and I finally decided to do it. Then I came to the conclusion, O'reilly's had given me the wrong plugs! I looked up the number but all the box said was #8. So I took them in and they didn't know what the plugs would fit so they exchanged them for the platinum AC Delcos. After about 6 or so hours total and lots of swearing, I got it all done. Then went and acquired a free TV that is still in the back. I had wanted to detail it today, but the plugs took so long I couldn't

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?