General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:50 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Saterday My friend called me to come rescue his blazer from a old logging trail that he that he got stuck at the very bottom of . And for getting him out he gave me all the parts off his truck that he didn't need for his wood truck . So I got new doors , new tail lights with gto covers , and a new lund visor with lights . My doors were very rusty and the passenger window didn't work , and I did have a busted tail light lens . So great score .Also fabricated new cab mounts because the body lift blocks pushed right through my floor bords , that took three days with 2 guys . Now the old blazer is looking and performing like new . O yea and another passenger side wheel bearing and new brake pads .

Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Wow, you two are right. Thanks for the suggestion random. I saw litterbug's photos and that looks sexy lol.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Don't thank me, thank the dozen or so pictures everybody else has posted about it since I joined up, haha. If not for them, I'd have never gotten the idea to do it myself.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Don't thank me, thank the dozen or so pictures everybody else has posted about it since I joined up, haha. If not for them, I'd have never gotten the idea to do it myself.
How expensive is it gonna get to do the sides? I took off my bumper ends and now there are holes there. I want to cover that up somehow.

Best route to get a bucket or spray paint? Probably the bucket?

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM

I used the spray on my truck and it looks fine to me. It took a little over one full can to do the front bumper, both sides including flares, and rear mounted spare tire carrier.

Spray will cost you maybe 20 bucks or so. Bucket I think litterbug said cost him 70.

If you do the spray, I'd definitely say mask your truck off really really well, because overspray will get EVERYWHERE!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I used the spray on my truck and it looks fine to me. It took a little over one full can to do the front bumper, both sides including flares, and rear mounted spare tire carrier.

Spray will cost you maybe 20 bucks or so. Bucket I think litterbug said cost him 70.

If you do the spray, I'd definitely say mask your truck off really really well, because overspray will get EVERYWHERE!

I agree

and i think the bucket is better since your going to have left over just in case you need to touch it up or have something else you want to bed line

Old 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Default .

Ok, cool. Did you use self-etching primer? Or what primer?

And I need to find some fender flares soon haha. I've been looking around for awhile but have had no luck.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:52 PM

I didn't use any primer actually. Just cleaned up the paint, scuffed a little bit and went to town. Not sure what primer you'd want to use.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Replaced shift solenoids A and B. B failed but i didn't wanna open the pan again if A went out since the damn trans has been apart 3 times in 2 weeks now. What a bloody mess I made doing it too

Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

well for the k5 i started making the mounting brackets for the fuel cell i got. took off all the fuel lines that arent connected any more. and now am starting to rivet some aluminum flashing to patch up some hole in the body like where the trunk is. should look nice and shiny. the only thing on the car!!! lol

and when i primered my truck i just cleaned it up and scuffed it up with the scotch pad it came with.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?