General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Ack! double post!!!
just click edit and add in the next comment if no one else has chimed in yet

and $6 Gs for the truck so he can smoke the lights of HIS OWN ride

ahh i was gonna say..smoke lights DO NOT cost that much lmao

Old 12-15-2009, 02:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Today I:
1) Convinced my boss that the vehicle he bought his son for Christmas is nice, but we could eaily get a couple things to make it 100% if we could just go to the salvage yard...

2) Made my own shopping list, and got out the wet weather gear and tools.

3) Am warming up the mom van i get to drive (09 caravan yo!)

4) Am quite pleased with myself.... I hope this pans out.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I got some of the mud off my truck, Still needs a lot more cleaning. And it decided to get really cold out

Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Got my new MAF installed today. I can already notice the difference in driving. It drives much smoother now

Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

LED fogs are in, LED front signals are in (ahead of HID's i know, i get on a roll and cant stop till i run out of parts)

Had the tails all LED-fied and hit the hazards and NO FLASHING!!! i said P on it and hit the turnsignals (key in ignition of course) and same bull....gotta go buy some new flashers now tomorrow. 9.00 a pop from my local A-Z...unless the misses picks me up 2 flashers while she is out this evening..that would be absolutely freakin sweet...

front signals and fogs (dont mind the headlights, im to lazy currently to wire my fogs seperate)

just the signals in front

im currently not digging my SMD's i have in the corners of the headlights...to blue for me even though they are supposed to be white

Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran

Well, on our way out, we got turned back to get a portion of our fleet ready for a surprise vist from a VIP. Turns out when you have enough accidents and impropriety issues in a short amount of time, generals start taking notice....

Filled her up though! $39.37 198 miles at 15.5 gallons that puts me at..... 12.77 MPG baby! down 2+ mpgsfrom 3 months ago! whee!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:55 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I replced my broken back glass.
Switched hinges from wing to no wing.
Mounted up my black tails
and my black mesh grill.
(Fine line between dedication and addiction.) Now gotta put new headlamps in mom's focus and tint my new back glass. There's no tint at all and my 3 are WAY to visable for my liking!

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 12-15-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: I don't have to explain sh** to you...
Old 12-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Today I fixed the Antilock brake kight that kept coming on at 15 mph while accelerating and then go off at 15 mph while decelerating in my 94 Blazer. I had had a code 81 before and cleared it manually (no scan tool) and it never came back, but the light problem still occurred as mentioned above. I have just about got everything fixed on this creampuff after buying ot off my nephew (for cheap). All it took was to replace a brake switch and it's now just wonderful. I'll bet the cruise control even works now a;though I didn't get it up to speed in a residential area. It's almost ready to get the required state inspection. Just some brake bleeding on the antilock unit and adjust the parking brake and we'll see. There's been mucho work done to this rig, transfer case resealing, power steering pump replacement, fixing the A/C and blower controls, those remote oil lines and adapter everyone likes to do, tank removal and fuel sender and pump replacement (twice because the parts guy gave me a VIN Z pump and my engine is a VIN W - fun) which led to a FPR replacement because the pressure was then 68 psi - now it's dead in the middle of spec, upper radiator shroud replacement. I went through the brakes because the front rotors were so rusted and pitted - just did clean up, one caliper, both rear wheel cylinders and new tires. Yeah, I got just about a new truck. I also had to troubleshoot and fix a bunch of rigged electrical "repairs". So a little advice. Don't try to help out the relatives. Sure did learn a bunch about S10s I didn't know and I've always seemed to have one around.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 12-16-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

finally fixed the b**ch!

sorry, but she's been having "issues" the last week or so.

as i mentioned earlier, i had checked the cat to see if it was running right (running correct, temperature wise), so i started looking elsewhere. i'm not gonna go through it all again, but this morning (off work again) i said "chuck it!, it's got to be the cat".

swapped MAF with one i knew was good-no change. double checked the syncronization of the cam timing & cranck sensor-all good still (see modification to distributor on page 38, comment 376, if you're curious). triple checked the plugs, again!-almost picture purfect.

so...........i drill a small hole right @ the weld for the cat's front flange, insert my vacuum gage, start the truck, rev 'er up to 3 grand, and.............HOLY S**T! just over 5 lbs of back pressure!! so now i'm getting a cat & gaskets, and i'm gonna do the back O2, since i had the code for that come up before. i know the O2 might have been a cause of the failing cat, but it's still actually driveable, just no ***** on the top end-especially when she warms up. but the fact that the truck still had the factory cat on after 194K, goes alot towards it finnaly giving up.

oh yeah, gotta remember to weld that hole up, don't want to be driving around, sounding like on of the locals, hahahahaha!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran

LOL! Chris, you break my ***** over not having a properly running truck during my time struggling with the cat. You go through the same damn steps i did, to include rolling past the cat. And you come crawling back to the cat after everything else doesn't help... HMMM if there was ever an argument for Karma.....

Next time i break something, you should play nice or it could happen to you!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?