General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Lookin' good thogert. Can't wait for the pics of your hids and roof lights on at the same time. Brighter than the sun...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok here we go.

^Low-beams

^High-beams

So the pattern isn't bad, the glare is gonna be an issue but that's the chance you take putting hids in housings that wern't designed for them. There is some bright spots but there isn't any dark spots, so that's good. Overall I'm very happy with them. I love the look now.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nice there bright =P

Old 10-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Beginning Member
Drejal is on a distinguished road

took mine in to the mechanic to get some lower ball joints installed. 3 hours labor I supplied the parts. not bad right?

well...until I found out that the shocks I just installed last month had been rubbing the cv boot,which was ruined, which meant I got to replace the front shafts and seals, AND another set of shocks since the ones I had were ordered online and I couldn't exchange them anywhere in town.

lesson learned, check clearances!

however, a couple weeks ago I found a set of zr2 Tbars at the junkyard. The rear mount was missing, so was the engine/tranny, and UCA's. All I had to do was poke them out of the lca's and offer the cashier $20 apiece!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

"So the pattern isn't bad, the glare is gonna be an issue but that's the chance you take putting hids in housings that wern't designed for them. There is some bright spots but there isn't any dark spots, so that's good. Overall I'm very happy with them. I love the look now."

Adjusting them should help a lot as well as not taking pics on what seems to be on a downhill slope lol.
They look good & as much as I hate HID's in housings that weren't meant for them (we ALL hate those fackers in imports with HID's that blind/flood us lol) they should be decent when you adjust them.

footnote: PIAA 520i fog lights do a GREAT job at blinding the imports with HID's installed in non HID housings! ;-)
It's BLINK & all they see is gold/orange in a bright band across them. I love them! Pics in my garage... I think lol

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-04-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

^ That's why I went with the extra $20 option for the high-beam actuator, don't flash your high-beams at me on a bad day But yeah for the most part all of the light is below the cutoff line, so I adjusted them to be below oncoming drivers eyes.
Only one problem now, my daylighters look dim in comparison.

It's hard to tell in the pics though.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Beginning Member
slaughterbaby is on a distinguished road

nice lights Thogert. I put a tag on the front of mine.. <<<<< for the what i got done today. ANNNND i wired up my off road lights so they are functional. and still on my hood too. I seem to be the only one with that ridiculous idea. but hey gives me the lighting i want. as soon as i get my hands on a camera ill post some pics

Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Lights on your hood?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Lights on your hood?
Maybe he is referring to the spot right beside the mirrors. Like this one on a jeep.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Lights on your hood?
Originally Posted by tibby
Maybe he is referring to the spot right beside the mirrors. Like this one on a jeep.

Nope he added the lights right where the windshield squirters are

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?