General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 AM
racsan is on a distinguished road

its amazing how the plastic-chromed grille makes the truck look so much better than without it.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:54 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I liked the look of my front-end too much to change it for hids. I got the 55 watt h4 bulbs with the hi-beam actuators from DDM tuning. The shipping was pretty quick considering they came from china (don't ask me why a company based in califonia has to have their products shipped from china.) Although according to their facebook page their customer service is terrible, so hopefully I don't have to deal with that.
I also opted for the wiring harness to lessen the load on the factory wiring, seeing as the blazers arn't known for their amazing wiring. The housings I bought really helped I think, the beam is nice and wide and the throw is really good as well.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough
Default A bunch of major things!

So over the last almost week now I have been doing some repairs to the Blazer. It started when I was on my way home from wonderful traffic filled Washington DC. I was sitting in traffic and the truck stalled it fired right back up after I pushed the throttle. This being said I knew it was fuel related. It died several more times on my 15 mile drive home but somehow I made it. I thought that it was the fuel pump cause when I bought it I looked underneath it very thoroughly and noticed one of the fuel strap bolts had been recently removed. So when I got home I dropped the fuel tank only to find a brand new fuel pump in there. I had also been throwing an evap code and was leaking gas around the pump when I would fill the tank all the way. I figured out the cause of this was that the pump gasket was not installed correctly (ie: hanging in the tank around the pump). Once I had the tank out I realized that there was an obscene amount of rust floating in the tank. This I'm sure was caused from sitting with no fuel in it for 6-8 months before I bought it. I was warned that it had sat when the woman I bought it from told me it had sat after her father passed away. So I took the pump into my favorite auto parts store (JK auto parts in Chantilly VA) and Kevin the store manager warrantied the fuel pump for me at no cost. After that was settled I figured the intelligent thing to do would be to spend the $135 for a brand new tank and inline filter. I got the parts ordered and had to wait for Monday to pick them up. So in the mean time while the truck was down I decided it would be a good time to repair my leaking radiator end cap. I had already ordered the cap and gasket and was just waiting for the time to repair it. I pulled the radiator and swapped the cap. This is a super easy repair to do and much cheaper $40 as opposed to replacing the entire radiator. While I was at it I decided to do the t'stat. When I pulled the t'stat housing much to my suprise there was no t'stat in the truck. I guess that explains why I couldn't get it past 150 degrees. I suppose this was done in an effort to hide the leaking radiator from me when I bought the truck. Whatever its taken care of now along with a complete system flush and fill and a new Gatorback serp belt. So then Monday came and my parts came in and I got to work on putting it back together. I hate this time of year with the short days cause I ran out of daylight before I could get finished with it. So Tuesday came and I got the tank in, the filter on, and all of the lines attached with the exception of 2 of them because I forgot to remove the retaining clips for the fuel lines from the old pump. I made my trip to the parts store today and should have it all buttoned up and running tonight. I hope it all goes according to plan and I have my truck back tonight I'm sick of driving my wife's mustang gt convertible its not manly to be seen in a mustang convertible in my opinion. I hope it all goes well and I don't have any more problems.

Sorry its a little long just been really busy with it!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

(finally) Ordered my hub bearings. Should have them on Friday and I hope to have them installed this weekend.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by litterbug
you think the lights are bad, i have my intake sticking out of my hood during the summer or whenever its not raining.

im back to a jimmy hood now though.

and on another note i got my pipes bent for the side pipes on the k5. they are angled a little down so i will need to get them rebent. just up a few degrees. they sound great though. i still need to buy the mufflers though.

that looks like a shopvac filter....lol

Old 10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by coolasice
that looks like a shopvac filter....lol

hahaha na i think its a k & N filter

Old 10-05-2011, 03:01 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

its not a k&n. i need to buy a k&n. its just the spectre one that came with my cai. i need to make some pvc pipe up to the roof once i get the chance. most of my money is going into the k5 now though. just ordered the purple honies and should be here this weekend. i need to get the exhaust bent a bit upward because of the angle of the headers. it puts them down a bit and by the time the end of the glasspack got there it would be in the dirt. so thats next on the list.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Starting Member
antman94 is on a distinguished road

I took my truck to the shop today to get my rear breaks checked out. Needed new pads, rotors, and 1 caliper. $632 Thats rediculous

Old 10-05-2011, 04:46 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ouch! The things we do to keep these things running.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by antman94
I took my truck to the shop today to get my rear breaks checked out. Needed new pads, rotors, and 1 caliper. $632 Thats rediculous

wow you serious If i had 100 bucks for gas id come do them for ya .....

just parts wouldn't cost you more then 200 bucks

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?