General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Was involved in an accident on the way home. Traffic ahead of me came to a stop, and as I was doing so, the Vette behind me slid (it's rainy) and ran into...then UNDER my rear bumper. I didn't bother with making her do a police report.

The damage: her car will need a new fender (cracked the fiberglass) and headlight (fairly deep scratches.)

Mine? Oh, mine will just need about a 1" section of the rear bumper repainted. It's all the way at the bottom where she ran under me. Otherwise all is fine, and I wanted to bedliner the bumper anyways.

That's the most excitement I've had in months, lol

Old 10-19-2011, 04:32 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

hahahah. glad to hear your okay and the blazer is fine as well. same thing happened to me a while back last year with a civic. he went under my bumper and into my spare. his hood was jacked up and he was lucky he didnt crack his radiator. i tell you if i had my hitch with my hook in it like a always do now my truck would be just fine and he would have needed another car.. lol. these things are beasts!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

You guys need a winter import bumper. Someone on here had one, it attached to his hitch I think and it was a huge metal pipe thing that protected his blaze from rearenders.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

TheRandom1 are you talking about that spray on bedliner? I thought about doing that on the entire under carriage of my truck as some of the factory underliner is coming off.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
TheRandom1 are you talking about that spray on bedliner? I thought about doing that on the entire under carriage of my truck as some of the factory underliner is coming off.

Yup, Duplicolor bedliner is what I used on the rest of the truck (black part in my sig) and it looks great.

Here is the only "damage" my truck suffered. Pretty amazing, a Vette can outrun my truck easily, but I can apparently smack it around pretty good when I catch it! lol

Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

The only crumple zone on a blazer is underneath it!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:47 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Hahaha Random, that's the most excitement you've seen in awhile. Nice. But seriously, glad your okay man.

On another note, I saw a fairly new tube style hitch at the pull-a-part for a 1997 2-door blazer for $29. I couldn't get it off? Anybody ever took a hitch off? Would this hitch even fit? This is what I was asking myself all the way home when I left.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran

I took mine off a few months ago, it was just a few bolts and the bumper wanted to come off with it but it wasn't hard.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:01 PM

How difficult is it to take off the bumper and side pieces BTW?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I'm up to no good

Last edited by BlaziNator; 10-19-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?