General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Got my fuel pump today, haven't even begun to remove the tank though too much else going on. Did get power back at about 5pm finally, so now the cleanup begins...... Anyone wanna come help?

Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Mounted a cooling fan in my overhead console for my high power led map lights along with some heatsinks. Hopefully that will keep them under 300 degrees.
what did you do install tanning bulbs in there??

Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Went to the pull it yard to get a steering column. they didnt have one. DiD meet someone off the s10 forums which we talked for about a hour. Ended up trading my old seat console for a whole new set of inner & outer tie rods he didnt need.

Also got a 85.00 speeding ticket.BLAH

Installed the tie rods,and my steering's more sensitive. But i do need a alignment pretty bad now. I forgot to count the threads on the 1st side,which really threw me off.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
what did you do install tanning bulbs in there??
They put out 350 lumens each. I have both of the front ones done at the moment.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 PM

someone freakin shoot me.........

got the tank out, broke the tank vent (ordered a new one) couldn't get the sending unit/pump out because the lock ring is so rusted (bought a new one at the dealer $30) tore the rubber filler neck lower hose (nobody just sells the lower so i've gotta figure that one out) and hope that when i go to replace the tank vent tomorrow that i don't break the damn tank.......

Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I finally got to drive my blazer today after work

i haven't drove it for a week since i was trying to get my dads s10 pickup to pass emissions inspection .... dam p1870 code ..... any ways it passed today

I need to check that trans out the trans works great but the code pops up here and there. After the code is pending it likes to shift harder....

anyways I drove the blazer todayyyyy i think i was going a little senile driving the pickup all week

Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I finally got to drive my blazer today after work

i haven't drove it for a week since i was trying to get my dads s10 pickup to pass emissions inspection .... dam p1870 code ..... any ways it passed today

I need to check that trans out the trans works great but the code pops up here and there. After the code is pending it likes to shift harder....

anyways I drove the blazer todayyyyy i think i was going a little senile driving the pickup all week
I'm betting it's the TCC apply valve......ask me how i know.

Finished my fuel pump install....but not without a fight from it every step of the way. Check my thread in general chat for more.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i got my lifehammer mounted, got my lower body taped off so i can spray line it, got my fishing pole mounted, and scraped a sticker or two off and also put on some new ones that just came in..... oh and added two more solar chargers, and under my florescent lamps i was getting a pretty good charge cant wait to see the numbers for when i actually am using sunlight. now that ive got a total of three...

Old 11-04-2011, 11:10 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

took it out of lay up coverage to drive for a few days while the rims on my other car get machined painted and new rubber!

Old 11-05-2011, 03:11 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Decided it was time to get the roof brake light working properly so while about it I modded it.

Half the led's dont't work.

Made double row of led strip light.

Inserted new LED strip wit 15mm alu tube behind to hold strip in place.

Looking good.

I'll post pic of it on the truck tomorrow - too dark now to get a decent shot.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?