General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
i haven't drove it for a week since i was trying to get my dads s10 pickup to pass emissions inspection .... dam p1870 code .....
My '00 Jimmy had that code - ended up being the 1-2 shift solenoid. They always work intermittently, then they'll finally burn up. When it finally did, the truck started out in 2nd gear from every stop & wouldn't shift into overdrive.

I like my 700R4 ...

Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I'm considering a junkyard run for a few parts I need/want including: steering shaft cover, drivers door panel and lower valence for the front.

May or may not do that, but I'll probably work on removing the rear bumper so I can bedliner it. Then again, I may leave it on and just tape up the body really well too. Haven't quite decided yet.

Smitty... happen to have any spare parts you want to get rid of from the parts truck? haha

Old 11-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

I just came in from replacing my leafs (saggy a** syndrome), rear sway bar end links and rotors and pads.
Tommorow I will put my grandpa steps back on. I know I know. My wife and little girl like them and they do protect the body from all the freakin salt they put on the roads over here. Sometimes I fell like we live in a salt mine.
Monday I will go back the the garage and see I can get a new inspection sticker now, and pick up my new studded snow tires.

Nice brake light by the way Kiwi.

Last edited by Mczuk; 11-05-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: props to kiwi
Old 11-05-2011, 02:59 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Just got back in. Retightened my spark plugs (one was loose...AGAIN!!!) which took care of my hesitation, then I made a template for a new box and realized it won't work.

All in all, not a great day so far. :-(

Old 11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Beginning Member
mikeyg6754 is on a distinguished road
Default De-Icer

Put some rainex de-icer in her just now to get ready for the cold here in New Hampshire.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

changed engine oil for winter, noticed the passenger side front axle seal leaking a little. probly will leak more when the axle is engaged and the ring gear starts slinging the gear oil around. checked the front diff level, pretty close to the top of the hole. hopefully it will get through winter without having to work on it. i hate not having a garage.My truck needs a oil change also buts its going to have to wait a couple of days, theres always time for it, rarely do i have a nice weather window of opportunity for the wifes vehicle.

Last edited by racsan; 11-05-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

i seafoamed it. next on the list is CAI and then it is on to find out why my back speakers dont work

Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Let my stepdad borrow my blazer and i worried all day long about it. Isnt that sad? especially when he owns one? (his needs steering column)

Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazer_LT
i seafoamed it. next on the list is CAI and then it is on to find out why my back speakers dont work
Mine are not working either. I am going out on a limb and just thinking weak speakers. But it was owned by a old couple before me. May wires got broken in the door loom. -shrug- Not a priority.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

This morning i hooked up my trailer

I went to pick up some hay and 500 pounds of food for the animals
also stopped at advance to pick up my dads heater core

I took the whole dash off my dads truck in an hour 30 mins installed the heater core and now i put half of the dash back together but then it got dark

Ill finish it in the morning ! =)

also any 1 know the part number for the dorman hazard switch for the 95 + s series I kinda broke it =(

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?