General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I got stuck at a buddy's house

my starter wouldnt turn. Nothing a few bangs on it couldn't solve .

I guess the blazer got pissed cause i started taking apart the bronco =(

Monday ill pick up a replacement starter

Old 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i polished the wheels with the boggers on them today with an sos pad. got a lot of the rust off. they looks a hundered times better!!! then i stacked them in my garage in a box. haha. they are almost as tall as me. lol.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well lets see she got a oil change and i cut up some old floor mats for the front inner fenders.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

I put my $10 rear cargo area carpet in today. Man what a chore that was. Looks much better than bare floor though.

I texted the previous owner awhile back asking if he had the front flarettes that he took off, and he said he did, but they were at his moms house and he had no idea when he would be up there. Well yesterday he called and was on his way through and I met him and got them from him. It looks much better with them on. Gives the front end a finished look now.

Did the throttle blade mod and I'm sorry I waited to do it. Much less throttle needed to pull away from a stop. Took all of 15 minutes to do.

I'm running out of things to do to it now

Old 11-26-2011, 05:34 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

put a new hose clamp on the fuel filler tube underneath, would drip gas when refueling, topped off front diff, knew it was a little low due to a passenger side axleshaft seal leak. took almost 1/2 qt before it started running out the fill hole. was a nice enough day i could have done that job, but had to get christmas lights put out.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Franco
I need them in my 2002. Where did you buy them?

Thanks!
dad already had them, not sure where he picked them up. had a doorman name on the blister pkg they were in. i imagine they came from a local auto supply like napa, autozone or advance auto. we do also have a o'rielys here, but id say he either got them at napa or autozone. on edit: was looking something else up and looked the pins up also, heres the page link from autozone:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par..._176144_15907_

Last edited by racsan; 11-26-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road

Today we (my dad and I) put on new brake pads all the way around with a mid-grade NAPA pad which were right around $100 for both the front and rear. Talk about a real PITA for the first time changing them since we got it 12 years ago. And when I say that we put new pads on, I mean we just got done putting them on about a half hour ago after starting around 1:00 this afternoon. We wanted to get them done before it got colder and made it even more miserable to do

Old 11-27-2011, 04:50 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

had a long day

My mom got stuck in town today and it turned out to be the alternator
I went to uhual and rented a dolly to tow the yukon home with the blazer

I also upgraded my trailer tires . A friend of mine gave me a set of bigger tires for my trailer .

It looked like they were gonna rub so i loaded over 700 pounds on it and took it for a spin . The trailer handles really well with these larger tires

any ways tomorrow Im going to pick up my window hinge at the dealer if it comes in and head to advance auto for a starter and alternator . Yay me

Edit: if your wondering what the red thing on my rear glass is its an rag i stuffed into the hinge hole to stop the water from going into the truck . Also thats the old trailer tires on the rock wall

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 11-27-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

took it for a drive to town to take th gf to work the back home

Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Drove it over to pick up my bike, then remembered that my bike was out of inspection so I rode one of my stepdad's bike. Identical to this one

/offtopic lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?