General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Beginning Member
Deep6 is on a distinguished road

Well got the transfer case and rear driveshaft in. all the lines tied off and of course the tranny switch ain't working (at least for gear indicator) exhaust is next. hope it goes back in easier than it came out!

Old 01-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member
Xavier is on a distinguished road

SCPI to MFI upgrade complete and miss, completely gone!

And now there is a fuel leak right behind the drivers side rear wheel on what looks like the return line... always something.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Xavier
SCPI to MFI upgrade complete and miss, completely gone!

And now there is a fuel leak right behind the drivers side rear wheel on what looks like the return line... always something.
fuel leak eh? Musta been out at Rausch lol

my freakin brand new "cheapo" radiator is leaking, i know it was cheap but damn it's only been in like 4 months. and of course i got it off ebay so to return it is more hassle than it's worth. Oh well, gonna order an all aluminum one sometime soon.

Last edited by Mike98Blazer; 01-07-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Got the steering stabilizer installed. Wow nice n smooth with little to no bump-steer. I was having issues with that because of the 32 x 11.5 BFG's & the ruts, potholes etc.
Replaced the DS lower hinge bushing because every little bump caused a knock sound & I hate odd sounds in a vehicle. When other people say "oh I know about that rattle/squeek etc but I just turn the radio up louder & it stops" I cringe! lol
Tried to adjust the DS ABS sensor again- nope, light is still on so it looks like I'll get the multi meter out tomorrow & see if it's toast.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2645rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2646rs.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
6Cyl'erThriller is on a distinguished road

Replaced the PCV valve and rear turn signal bulb this morning.

This afternoon my K&N intake came in.
Somehow I think this will result in a loss of MPGs.. It sounds so good!
Im also going to make a heat shield of some sort to keep the heat from the radiator off the air filter.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah they do sound good! I love that throttle body sound when you get on it a bit. Once a guy was at the garage I take my blazer to & he was getting dual exhaust put on. Afterwards he asked Glen the owner/mechanic/exhaust wizard about a CAI. They talked & when we were outside I said just a second - listen! & I started up the blazer (before the supercharger) He freaked out at the sound compared to his V8 Silverado & my CAI lol.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 PM

Hahaha Nice! Yeah I always have liked K&Ns. Now after seeing your steering damper add on, I think Im gonna follow suit. I just ordered one from rockauto. Im gonna do the shocks once they arrive and ball joints eventually, so I may as well do this now. Its cheep too. I went monroe b/c Im keeping it pretty stock for now, but for $30, it cant be a bad investment.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 PM
BF Veteran

Cool but a word of warning... I had a clearance issue & the length of the stabilizer - hence the custom bracket. The Rancho 5401 has a 7" stroke so 3-1/2" is center, my 2002 has a 6" travel on the center link. Now you'd think that's OK, more stroke on the stabilizer = more than enough. But the length of the stabilizer makes the free end bolt onto the center link right where the idler arm is. On mine there was a factory brace end for the bushing but no tie rod end style hole in the center link to hook the free end into.
Sure they make brackets with U-bolts etc to fasten the free end to the center link but the length of the stabilizer may cause fitment issues because of where the bracket has to be mounted.
Is mine just odd? Perhaps, but luckly I work in a manufacturing shop, been a welder/fitter for 17 years & have all the shop at my disposal (don't tell my manager lol). So I made that "dog leg" style bracket to move the free ends' mount point further away so the stabilizer has the right stroke & doesn't interfere with frame etc.

I've read that a 1st gen steering center link has a tie rod hole in it for a steering stabilizer & they fit right in. Albeit with a front end alignment afterwards.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-07-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 PM

I just started working in a shop (Better Engineering). We do custom pressure/chemical wash cabinets. So Ive been doing a bunch of welding and have access to materials and equipment to make any parts/brackets/supports I may need. I may get in touch with you once I get ready to complete my project.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran

No problem, private message away or Windows Live Messenger if you have it!
TIG welding is the way to go with the bracket & smaller stuff.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?