General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

got out..cleaned the carpet parked it in the neighbors heated garageover night to dry, got the dash kit today in the mail..just gotta go pick up the deck and have it all installed...what else...eh...rotated the tires..(thank god for those jack stand i found lol) went and had them balanced noticed little brother in his fit of anger over my eating his pizza punched the 1 door pannel and dented it..what else...thats about it..oh..had my mechanic get the measurments for shackles..and evne though i'm highly pissed off at him *my lil bro* called and arranged to pick up his sound system supported battery, and tires and heavy duty guaged wires..got new wiper blades..not a lot really *yes...that is very little for me*..mainly got ready to take it in for the sound system...so excited...can't wait to post pics!! should be friday afternoon-ish

Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MuddBunny84
got out..cleaned the carpet parked it in the neighbors heated garageover night to dry, got the dash kit today in the mail..just gotta go pick up the deck and have it all installed...what else...eh...rotated the tires..(thank god for those jack stand i found lol) went and had them balanced noticed little brother in his fit of anger over my eating his pizza punched the 1 door pannel and dented it..what else...thats about it..oh..had my mechanic get the measurments for shackles..and evne though i'm highly pissed off at him *my lil bro* called and arranged to pick up his sound system supported battery, and tires and heavy duty guaged wires..got new wiper blades..not a lot really *yes...that is very little for me*..mainly got ready to take it in for the sound system...so excited...can't wait to post pics!! should be friday afternoon-ish
Cant wait to see it. What all are you putting in?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Urban Wheeled her up a bit and got her prepped for an appointment with the truck doc to do some warranty work on a shot wheel bearing (after 50 or so days no less!)

Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Nothing on the truck,decided to ride my bicycle to work today on this beautiful high 20 low 30 degree day.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
GMJimmy is on a distinguished road

Replaced the door hinges and bushings on the driver and passenger sides, and put a new mirror on the driver's side. Fuel filter change tomorrow, and hopefully steam cleaning the carpets too. Winter seems to exponentiate how fast these things require work, but I enjoy working on it.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GMJimmy
Replaced the door hinges and bushings on the driver and passenger sides, and put a new mirror on the driver's side. Fuel filter change tomorrow, and hopefully steam cleaning the carpets too. Winter seems to exponentiate how fast these things require work, but I enjoy working on it.
How hard were the hinges. I have a set sitting here just didn't know if it was hard.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by zedartwo
How hard were the hinges. I have a set sitting here just didn't know if it was hard.
They took about 30 minutes each. My passenger door was really sagging, otherwise it would have taken about half the time by just becoming familiar with the process. Taking the springs out is honestly the hardest part, but if you have a pry bar and some muscle, it should go quicker (I had neither, but I DID have a hammer). And if you have a friend handy, it goes much quicker as well.

Here's the tutorial I used; really easy to understand, big pictures to help when it's not. <http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives...replace_1.html> Do you have a spring compression tool? You can pick one up at Napa or Harbor Freight ($3.99 at Harbor) and is definitely necessary to get the springs back in.

If you have some time, it's definitely worth it. No more wind noise and water coming inside during the car wash

Last edited by GMJimmy; 01-04-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GMJimmy
Do you have a spring compression tool? You can pick one up at Napa or Harbor Freight ($3.99 at Harbor) and is definitely necessary to get the springs back in.

If you have some time, it's definitely worth it. No more wind noise and water coming inside during the car wash

you can (or @ least i can) get them back in with a big flat screw driver-or a short pry bar (12").

and that's why i changed mine!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you can (or @ least i can) get them back in with a big flat screw driver-or a short pry bar (12").

and that's why i changed mine!
Mad props for being able to get it back in with those. Both of those were my tools of choice (and the hammer, lol. Jeremy Clarkson's logic is agreeable) but after finagling the pins in, it just made it easier.

My previous owner had to have been absolutely ape. The retaining clip for the pin on the driver's side door (which just started to make noise this week in addition to the passenger side which has been bad since I bought it) was a piece of plastic from blister packaging with an "x" cut into it with an exacto knife and slipped over the top.

WTF!?

The passenger side bushing cracked, so they just glued a rubber sleeve into the place where the bushing used to be. The glue probably cost more than the damn kit. I would love to meet the previous owner so I can slap him upside the head.

But Jimmy is all patched up now. The 80mph run to and from college was turbocharging air though the doors and it drives you nuts after a while.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Man, I think the previous owner of yours must have a relative. I know because I think I bought their Blazer. It's amazing how half-a**ed some people are. And I ain't talking about "creative thinkung" either.
Passed the emissions test (after replacing the gutted out catalytic converter and O2 sensor) and am actually driving it. Not that I'm finished though. Not by a long shot. The cat-back exhaust sounds pretty cool. Ought to really **** off my neighbor when I fire it up at 5:00 in the morning. And you know I'm gonna have to let it warm up a while. He deserves it though.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?