General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

I had the pleasure of changing out the original lower ball joints. Whomever decided rivets were a good idea should get sat on by rosie odonnell.

Also got 4 new all terrains since one of the tires had a shifted belt.

Going back in this week for 4 new shocks and sway bar links. I swear some days it is better to pay someone to do all of this.

The truck only has 90k on it but all the bushings are rotting from age so probably going to haveto lift the body and change them all out

Old 01-28-2012, 11:20 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

got the blazer ready for the 500 mile trip im doing tomorrow

checked all fluids and filled her up with gas
shes running like a champ !

Old 01-28-2012, 12:46 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by USMC3782
I had the pleasure of changing out the original lower ball joints. Whomever decided rivets were a good idea should get sat on by rosie odonnell.
Glad I have that to look forward to.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

calculated my gas today from the past week of highway driving. I got a whoppin 13 mpg. Low gears and a heavy foot for the win.

Today im vacuuming it out and giving her a bath.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default fixing a seat

i searched the net,and the factory manual for a 98 s/t truck.
i found no info on how to remove a for/aft seat motor.(motor at the front of the seat)
heres my story and im sticking to it...haha
i had a 98 2 dr,wife wrecked,now have a 98 jimmy(sorry),the book is the same.
I PICKED UP A 2000 jimmy 4 dr recently,the seat did nothing.took out seat,COULD NOT figure out how to remove motor(help me out).
.....well anyway hooked battery to seat(this all on the work bench),other motors ok.SO.... i took out the 2 screws on the end of the forward/rearward motor OUT,then tried it....WOOOOOO it works...put screws back in working fine!!!
your thoughts.....sorry about being a gmc?....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND WEB SITE!!
PS....I TRIED TO POST A NEW THREAd,BUT COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT
just a shade tree mechnick...who cant spell....thanks again

Old 01-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

I fixed my Lumbar and my seat handle.
And I manufactured Torsion Bar Unloader Tools at work.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Beginning Member
Strider is on a distinguished road

I pulled out the power mirror switch on my '98 LS 4dr 4wd. It hasn't worked for a couple years. Priced a replacement on Rock Auto = Dorman @$38. Took the existing one to my workbench, took it apart (i.e. pried it apart) and cleaned all the contacts with a Qtip and rubbing alcohol. The directional slider dealy with its two tiny loose contacts fell out. Took me a few minutes and a few tries to figure out where they go and how they fit together. I undertook this R&R without much hope of success, but when I put the switch back in the truck, to my great surprise, it worked!

Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Blazed1994 is on a distinguished road

Well this is all today and yesterday. Yesterday I got my full brush gaurd/grille gaurd in the mail and put it on within two hours of it arriving. Then yesterday i went to O'reilys and got some 1/8" pinstripe and put that on. Looks really sharp. Then today i was admiring my car/brushgaurd and realized I needed some offroad lights so I went down to autozone and picked up two Pilot Automotive offroad lights. Gonna get on Ebay or some other site today and find some yellow headlight tint for those lights to make them like a yellow fog. Shes really starting to come together. Next on my list is exhaust. Any suggestions on what would be the best? i was looking into a flowmaster 40 but my gear head friend said they have a bunch of issues as they get older. I was wondering what your guys' opinions are on exhaust? Any help would be great!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

drove the blazer 500 miles today she ran real good

I calculated 17 highway and 15 city with 31s (im happy with that)

The bad thing was my oil cooler line is leaking

its not bad but it drips when i park it
gonna replace it before it gets worse

Edit: forgot i took a picture of it today when it was at the city

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 01-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Glad I have that to look forward to.
do the upper lower and shocks at the same time. not fun at all. also i have a clunk in my front end now. think my t bars may not have lined back up properly. unscrewed them a bit so they were not putting stress on the joint.

she is worth it though. just hit 90.5k miles today. just need to get new projector headlights and a brush guard

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?