General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

if it is the pump,just make sure its an ac delco.. or you'll be calling aaa back again.

My transmission wouldnt go into reverse yesterday morning before work. I tried 4 times,finally it did. I drove it around for 20 minutes and checked fluid,level was fine. Between having no money and other issues i got a $5 bottle of that trans honey. disconnected a cooler line and drained some fluid out,dumped the honey in and checked the level,which is fine. I drove it to work and around for the rest of the day. shifting has improved and reverse goes in quicker. fix in a can may of actually improved this time. Ive got to do a fluid change here soon.

Kinda hoping it lasts till i get my 5.3/4l60 swap.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Drove my Blazer to work and back home. See that the gas went up other 10 cents today so now it is 3.69 here in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Needless to say, I was a little surprised to see Mack's (MTopper) name in this thread.
I'm still floating around here and there. i plan on buying another one once i have the funds to.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MTopper
I'm still floating around here and there. i plan on buying another one once i have the funds to.

buy the old one back

Old 02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what im doing tomorrow night....

Sitting drinking a beer thinking about my shackle install on the weekend..lol

Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

dooooo it. post a before and after too.

im drinkin too. a whole bottle of everclear.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Beginning Member
volunteerff is on a distinguished road

Put a new air intake elbow hose in mine was cracking.

put in two new speakers in the front cause i had only one of the four actually playing!!!!! so now i have 2 out of four and hopefully by the end of the week ill be putting the others in.

On a side note i picked up door pin and bushing kit, didnt get to it today, got a little late(difficulties with the speakers go figure). so hopefully get that fixed and not have that annoying up and down motion anymore on the damn drivers door.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Oh, sorry Mack, I think I missed the key.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Oh, sorry Mack, I think I missed the key.
just messing with you. as i used to say (in a 6 year olds voice) "its Mack, like the Truck!" haha.

i want to buy my old one truck back simply because there is still $600 of sound deadening in it but at the same time, that transmission was on its last leg and it had too many problems to be worth my time. So, i figure i'll wait until i graduate college (2014) and look for a 4x4 then. lift, motor swap, and huge system. thats my thoughts at least.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Well, I have a class on Friday, then the weekend is free! I'm going to try to install my cb radio and that massive whip this weekend. I just have to figure out where to mount the darn sucker. The whip would probably go on the bumper, but my tailgate drops down. I was thinking about either mounting it to one of the two roof rack pieces or the spare tire carrier (not sure if that is a good idea). Some more thinking is needed though lol. I'll research this tomorrow more and figure out something.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?