General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Back home from work. Drove alot better now after installed spark plugs and wires

Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Beginning Member
Regalblue is on a distinguished road

Did my driver door hinge pins last night.
Passenger door will be done next week

Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i think i should give my 96 some attention for a little bit. i think im gonna get some new plugs and wires and a distributor cap. almost half of all the holes on the cap are like cracked in half so im not so sure its getting the best connection. and inside the plug wires its all corroded. and its been running kinda rough so ill work on her a little bit and see how things work out. anybody recommend good plug wires an a good cap? i read the ngk vpower were good plugs.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by litterbug
i think i should give my 96 some attention for a little bit. i think im gonna get some new plugs and wires and a distributor cap. almost half of all the holes on the cap are like cracked in half so im not so sure its getting the best connection. and inside the plug wires its all corroded. and its been running kinda rough so ill work on her a little bit and see how things work out. anybody recommend good plug wires an a good cap? i read the ngk vpower were good plugs.
This was what I got for my '95 S10 Blazer yesterday and it is running alot better now.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Thought I'd investigate as to why my HVAC controls didn't change where the air was directed. It was "bleeding" into the upper vents for a while & now wouldn't change at all. I thought it was a vacuum leak that worsened but I checked the controls behind the glove box 1st. It didn't move at all as I turned the switch so I go to fuses, all are good - WTF.
So I pop the hood & start tracing vacuum lines & the one that's split off into the S/C that goes into the wheel well to a box & then into the cabin is OFF.
SOB, I guess when the shop was checking out the rockers last week they didn't plug it back in. I thought it was the line that goes into the fenderwell because that length of hose is getting cracked etc.
It's going to be a PITA to change out because the box is mounted on a plate that's bolted onto the fender on the inside. I might have to remove the wheel well liner to get at it. ugh

Then I took CB for a much needed bath. With all the heat & snow melting the roads were wet & now it's dusty. Poor truck was dire need.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:45 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Thought I'd investigate as to why my HVAC controls didn't change where the air was directed. It was "bleeding" into the upper vents for a while & now wouldn't change at all. I thought it was a vacuum leak that worsened but I checked the controls behind the glove box 1st. It didn't move at all as I turned the switch so I go to fuses, all are good - WTF.
So I pop the hood & start tracing vacuum lines & the one that's split off into the S/C that goes into the wheel well to a box & then into the cabin is OFF.
SOB, I guess when the shop was checking out the rockers last week they didn't plug it back in. I thought it was the line that goes into the fenderwell because that length of hose is getting cracked etc.
It's going to be a PITA to change out because the box is mounted on a plate that's bolted onto the fender on the inside. I might have to remove the wheel well liner to get at it. ugh

Then I took CB for a much needed bath. With all the heat & snow melting the roads were wet & now it's dusty. Poor truck was dire need.
how did they make out with the motor rotti

i see shes back on the road again so it must of been something dumb

Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Motor is still FUBAR. He wanted to go through all the rockers a couple weeks ago just to make doubley sure it wasn't one of them. Sadly it wasn't & I was 90% sure it wasn't. I am 90% sure it's either a wrist pin or connecting rod bearing, from listening to it, talking to people, reading up on things etc.
It'll go back in next week I hope & he has a replacement engine with warranty that he'll swap over all my go-fast-goodies & hopefully I'll have it back by the end of the week or early the week following.

When we tear it apart & look around if it's a crank bearing him & I are going to have words, very short 4 letter kind & many of them. Because he should have checked the crank bearings when he swapped the (donor engine in it right now) 2wd engines oil pan for my 4wd oil pan. Wrist pins may be another story, I'm not too sure you can properly check them from the crank case.

FYI - The donor engine was from a 2wd 2004 blazer etc that had 20,000 miles that had been wrecked in 2007. It sat in a building since then until I got it in Jan 2011.
When Glenn's (the mechanic) wife came up to me as we were going to start it up after the new to me engine was installed & asked if I was excited I said No, I won't be excited until I've driven it for a month without any issues with the engine!

I will say though even with that light/medium clanking it does haul *** & sounds really good! lol
After the alignment & front end components my mpg's went up <knock on wood>

EDIT again: CB isn't a she, Sarah called it The Cranberry Blazer, I almost gagged & asked if she could have picked out a gayer name? lmao
She said oh but it's a cute cranberry blazer. omg... so I settled for CB & CB is my buddy (I don't want CB to hear his name actually stands for Cranberry Blazer shhh)

Last edited by Rottidog; 03-15-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

ahh crap man that sucks

and no i dont think you can check them properly

Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

Rear diff is apart, cleaning and looking it over. One rear axle had some play in it. Looks like it's just one axle bearing to replace. Heavy duty Summit Racing cover ready to go on when it's done. Several days of rain, and maybe two more are making it go slow.

Also ordered a 98 grille for my 97, but they shipped something else. Will get some 98 projector lenses soon, so not a big deal. That project is a few weeks out.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Beginning Member
bluenick81 is on a distinguished road

Recently replaced distributor cap and battery. Points on old cap were corroded enough to keep it from firing up. Put it all back together and it runs. Fairly easy, but not fun on a damp evening.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?