General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 04:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Washed it yesterday & today I had to come load a trailer at work so I took advantage of the AWESOME weather. Probably hit 70F or so!
So today I took apart the rear brakes & 1 clip that holds the parking brake shoe snapped off. So I only have a parking/emergency brake on the PS till I find a clip.
I put some Meguiars Shine Vinyl & Rubber protectant on the tires & fender flares.

Then disabled the DRL's by bending pin 86 on the DRL relay & hooked up my LED DRL's to an ignition on circuit.

10 watts is plenty bright enough for DRL's & the AHL's still work.
Next is my quad beam mod so I can have them on a relay with a switch in the cab to control 2 or 4 lights on at a time.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

I think I lost a post.

Been really dry around here lately so I washed the thing really good, still no sign of rain.

Then, after hosing down the antique floor mats, I realized they were in pretty bad shape and got some Realtree camo type things.

ETA - Mossy Oak, not Realtree. Because I know you care

Last edited by wyzardd; 03-17-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Starting Member
volfan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Removed battery tray to clean corrosion caused by an old battery and then coated it with bed liner paint. Strange thing though....I notice two ground wires connected to the radiator support that was covered with rust and battery acid. I removed and cleaned them, then reattached them. Now for some reason my Blazer idles smoother..go figure.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by volfan4
Removed battery tray to clean corrosion caused by an old battery and then coated it with bed liner paint. Strange thing though....I notice two ground wires connected to the radiator support that was covered with rust and battery acid. I removed and cleaned them, then reattached them. Now for some reason my Blazer idles smoother..go figure.
Odd place for them especially for something that seems engine related.
Where do the other ends of those wires go? Maybe a previous owner had moved crucial grounds to there for some reason.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Starting Member
volfan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Odd place for them especially for something that seems engine related.
Where do the other ends of those wires go? Maybe a previous owner had moved crucial grounds to there for some reason.
There was a total of three wires at those two locations one went to the battery ground, second one went inside headlight harness and the third I was unable to trace because it started to rain. They look like factory connections on the grounds wires. I plan on tracing the other wire to see where it goes. This has me baffled since this is the best this blazer has run since I've owned it. May be just coincidence and it will start running like crap again tomorrow. Who knows.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

did a oil change today just rolled over 193k went 5k on this oil change and was only 1/2qt low(all from remote lines) 4.5 qts 5/30 mobile 1 synth high mileage and a ac delco filter lubed all 12 points....who ever thought of the zerts should be shot some of them i hate.....fixed a short in my license plate light and put a new bulb in. bent it all to hell hill climbing and pinched a wire...getting her ready to travel the entire state of Colorado to New Mexico this coming Friday

the other day i took the receiver hitch off the bravada since i wont be towing anything with it and getting it ready to go on the blazer think im going to sand it and then coat it with rhino liner

Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Okay, so a few things have happened lately. Hopefully you're reading this Thog! lol. But I found a gas tank skid plate today! Yay! Got it at the local yard for a decent price.

This:

I just have to clean it up when I have time and find out what bolts it takes because I couldn't find the bolts for it anywhere. Maybe ya can help me out with that Thog. Now after this skid gets bolted up, I only need to get the transfer case skid.

And I found some jimmy envoy two-tone leather seats. The driver one was kind of messed up, but the passenger and whole rear row were in pretty good condition. I didn't get them though because my interior is charcoal gray. It wouldn't look right.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, I'm not sure what size bolts it is supposed to have. But good job on getting it so soon.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Got the rear hatch release working again...Now I need to run a wire from the RKE to the relay so it works with the RKE...

Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

put a freshly rebuilt delco remy alt on sunday, had a bad rectifier and had bad ripple and noise

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?