General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
IrvJr is on a distinguished road

Finished my bolt in receiver hitch for a pull point up front or for a winch. Installed LS1 efans upfront instead of the belt driven hog and wired the relay to a in cab switch to turn off when in deep water.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 PM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Bought my Blazer today. Got the oil changed, air filter changed, car wash!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Beginning Member
missmyK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
mmm.. you're married, you're a guy? I thought you were a blazerchick and touting your K5.
That's funny. I never thought someone might think that.

In another life I had another wife. I also had a K5. I miss my K5.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Beginning Member
blazer1992 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I'd never do that personally. It takes away from what headlights are for - illumination. Looks sweet for sure but not that practical IMO.
Projector lenses have a dark look to them when they bulb isn't on & light up like nobodies business in a focused pattern when they're on.
I like to be able to see & be seen, that goes for tail lights as well.
the headlights were strickly for show. i kept my nice ones for at night and when i want to show off i put these in

Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 AM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Got a new windshield!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Just ordered some Monroe Reflex LT shocks for the blaze! Can't wait til they get here! I have heard only positive reviews on these shocks, so I thought I'd give them a try. Anybody running these shocks on their blaze, jimmy, or bravada?

And I thought about a boot for the shock, then thought about it again and thought naw, don't want one. All they do is trap dirt and promote shock decay anyway. So looks like I'll be going naked boys! =P

Old 03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Didn't really do anything, but got a tracking number for one of them thar multifunction overhead computer dealiebobs. Kinda psyched about that, partially because the fuel gauge is almost as accurate as a Mini14. But mostly because I'm kind of a geek.

Got a Bunch of blue & green LEDs on the way for an instrument panel like the cool kids have. Really hoping they both show up at the same time.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

Well I killed a chirping squirel under the hood by replacing the belt tensioner and pully today, then went down and ordered my 30" BF's. Can't wait to get the tires and spacers on.

Last edited by NWBackwoods; 03-21-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Starting Member
98chevyblazer is on a distinguished road

Soooo i went to put on my new shackles today.....bolt froze in the shackle. took it to a shop...froze still! grrrr....i cant get my new rims on until this lift is on and have some other things i cant start till then either :/

Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
NWBackwoods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 98chevyblazer
Soooo i went to put on my new shackles today.....bolt froze in the shackle. took it to a shop...froze still! grrrr....i cant get my new rims on until this lift is on and have some other things i cant start till then either :/
Ouch!!! I went through that a couple of weeks ago with a rear spring replacement. It took about a half an hour of pounding it from both sides, impacting the nut on and off and spraying crap on what I could get to. Not to mention I had to cut the bastard due to chevys ingenious plan of placing the head of the bolt on the freaking INSIDE of the frame. Good luck, you will get it.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?