General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I found out that my pass. side balast for my hids went bad. That is the second part to go bad from ddm tuning in about 8 months. So looks like I'll be getting a replacement soon.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

ordered spacers for the rear wheels to even them out with the front wheels.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Beginning Member
bikerz80 is on a distinguished road

had to have my transfer case rebuilt only had 4lo, but now all is good have fully functional drive system.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

just ordered my led interior lights and bought new brake rotors for the front end

Old 04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

RevT, I hope you ordered sockets with the LEDs (Chevy soldered the bulbs into the sockets in the dash lights, the dirty ... ah "fellows")

Earlier today I suddenly realized that I have never before owned a vehicle with an automatic belt tension doohickey. That sucker rocks!! No having the wife hang off the end of a pry bar while I frantically tighten bolts, just hold the wrench with one hand and feed the belt with the other. Slick!

Apropos, also replaced the alternator. Made it almost home before running out of juice in the battery, and I may have freaked out the old lady down the street by doing this all in front of her house, but it's running fine now. Good thing I hadn't yet hooked up those offroad lights, I totally would have blamed them if this happened after.

Last edited by wyzardd; 04-01-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Snow any 1 ?

its coming down harder now ... So far a white coating on the ground

Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Screw that! Its cool around here but I still have shorts on and the patio door open while I lay on the couch watching the race.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

85 and sunny right now...I need to go change the oil. Junkyard run tomorrow for a starter, torque converter cover and braces, blower motor relay and anything else I can find.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wyzardd
RevT, I hope you ordered sockets with the LEDs (Chevy soldered the bulbs into the sockets in the dash lights, the dirty ... ah "fellows")

Earlier today I suddenly realized that I have never before owned a vehicle with an automatic belt tension doohickey. That sucker rocks!! No having the wife hang off the end of a pry bar while I frantically tighten bolts, just hold the wrench with one hand and feed the belt with the other. Slick!

Apropos, also replaced the alternator. Made it almost home before running out of juice in the battery, and I may have freaked out the old lady down the street by doing this all in front of her house, but it's running fine now. Good thing I hadn't yet hooked up those offroad lights, I totally would have blamed them if this happened after.

you mean the gauge lights and the directional/high beam lighs r soldered in those twist base things? i saw all the emergency ones like check engine were all soldered in which i wasnt sure how i wanted to change those anyhow but thanks. sooo i need new sockets or new twist bases?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Yeah, those in the instrument panel that I've pulled (the T10s) are soldered. Not into a usable base/socket, either. To get them to work I had to feed the wire through the base and solder them in. A normal plug should have contacts inside, right? So you can pull one bulb and pop a new one in. Not these!
Mine is an '02, but I'm pretty sure Thog mentioned the same issue with his (I just didn't read that part, or forgot or something).

$1.20 each, save yourself the headache.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?