General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Installed my cargo net today...I need to get it inspected this week.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

bought a couple of used kicker comps 12" and a 1200w amp,i ordered a new box on ebay cuz the one there in right now is for a custom box for a sliverado so its really long. i have it hooked up still til my new box arrives in a few days ,bumps really good!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
over the weekend i changed the fuel pump on the jimmy, with a 3/4 full tank of gas. Definitely wasn't the easiest job in the world but i got it done in a couple of afternoons. Starts better than it has in months now and the gas gauge isn't jumping all over the place anymore too.

The only problem now is that one of the solid lines, which i never even touched except to replace the fuel filter, that runs to the front of the truck is leaking just ever so slightly. It looks like it's the smaller one and i'm still looking for the exact place it's leaking from. I guess that all the new pressure from the new pump is revealing the weak spots, lol.

Does anyone know if there's any place that sells the complete line?
question?
On my 89 s10 i remember making new fuel lines ,using brake line tubing......question...can we do this on the newer 2nd generation s10?????????????

Old 04-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
You might be able to call them and ask if they will sell just the bases for those. They do separate from the bulbs so they might.

I went to the pic-a-part and got one tail light housing for the led project. Too bad I didn't have much $$ or I would have come home with a tire carrier and maybe some leather seats. Maybe next time.

i tried they dont. i just got order like 12 dollars work of 74s with bases from the site

u want a tire carrier dont u have the style blazer where its underneath?
and leather seats is coming up soon on my list as well, i saw some custom black and red ones on here somone did and i wanna do some black/blue/purple seats for my blazer

Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Well, I noticed the other day my speaker mounting bracket was busted on the rear drivers side, so yesterday I made a template out of some 1/4" MDF to make new ones. Today I cut them out. Later on when I get home I'll sand the edges a little bit to clean up some of my rough cuts, and toss on some black paint. Tomorrow I'll remount my speakers.

Pics:

Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
I installed the cone from a CIA from a friends Dodge Neon SRT4. With a little clip on the rubber, it fit right up!! I drove it up the street and back and it runs like its new again!!! Heres a pic of it. I know its rusty but its been sitting now for almost a year. The filter is still clean. Ill get a new one soon. Just wanted to see what it looks like and how it ran with it. It will even spin the tires now!!

Oh my, that's what she looks like on the inside?

Today, I got my all my LEDs in the mail and threw em on the blazer. I then vacuumed, shampooed the carpets, and took it threw the carwash. Ordered some Wind Deflectors for the windows, advance ran out of them -.-

Old 04-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Got replacement sockets and higher power LED's (I hope) for my instrument panel today. I was going to install them over lunch, but decided I didn't want to do it under a deadline. If I have all evening, it'll take 15 minutes. If I only have 30 minutes (because of the drive to the post office) it'll take 45.
Six of these in blue (remembered teh socket this time!)

To replace these wimpy things that took a couple weeks to arrive and resulted in me mangling the factory sockets because my soldering iron lacks pointy

I hope the fact that the Superbright product has 5 LED per bulb means they'll be brighter than the Taiwan/PRC/wherever single diode doohickeys. Not 5x brighter, I hope. But still better than what I bought first (thinking it would save money, never seems to work out that way)

Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by wyzardd
Got replacement sockets and higher power LED's (I hope) for my instrument panel today. I was going to install them over lunch, but decided I didn't want to do it under a deadline. If I have all evening, it'll take 15 minutes. If I only have 30 minutes (because of the drive to the post office) it'll take 45.

To replace these wimpy things that took a couple weeks to arrive and resulted in me mangling the factory sockets because my soldering iron lacks pointy

I hope the fact that the Superbright product has 5 LED per bulb means they'll be brighter than the Taiwan/PRC/wherever single diode doohickeys. Not 5x brighter, I hope. But still better than what I bought first (thinking it would save money, never seems to work out that way)

good luck now i know why u know so much about my issue cuz ur doing the exact same thing

Old 04-04-2012, 08:47 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wyzardd

I have those 5 SMD LEDs that you just bought. Work great for me. Real even light.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:58 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

So I scoured the yard for a driver's leather seat and I finally found one. This seat is full powered and came out of a 2000 Blazer I believe. I had a little bit of a time getting the seat out because it had no power to the seat. But all in all, got it out okay. My seats are charcoal gray and this one is off-white colored. So I'll either dye the seat or take a stab at reupholstering. The seat is already in the blaze but only 3 of the 4 sides of the seat bolt up. I guess that's what I get for getting a seat out of a 2000 blaze and putting it in a '96 blaze. Of course, I'll either drill the hole in the seat to make it fit or swap the tracks with my '96 cloth seat I suppose. The wiring is completely different too. So I'll have to fix that. My wiring now is 2 prong, the seat is 4 prong. Oh the troubles of seat swaps...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?