General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I went to work and ask my boss to see if I can use the sand blast to do my tow hooks this weekend and he told me no because no other project from outside of the work place. So I am going to have to figure out how I can get the rust off it and prime, then paint it black this weekend.

Last edited by chevyracingfan23; 04-24-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Seriously, WTF is up with new cameras? I've taken clearer pictures in poor light with Ektar 25 (speed) film and with old giant clunky digitals than I can with either my phone or my IPA. Apple and Samsung apparently went back to 1997 for their ccd's.
my 1st decent cell with a camera was a Sony cell & they basically built a cell phone around a Sony Cybershot 5MP camera. Friends were amazed at the pics, how fast I could roll them off. Now I have a Android phone, 8MP I think, maybe a 5 or 6MP but it takes CRAPPY pics!!
Do you want to buy a Sigma 14.2MP DSLR? paid over $2300 & only 260 pics on the camera plus a chit load of extras. lol I use the blazer more than the DSLR so the DSLR has to go.

What was OP again? Oh yeah what have bla bla... I drove it - that's a bonus with a bent DS upper control arm & a outer tie rod end, not to mention a connecting rod bearing or wrist pin shot. It got me to work n back... groceries & beer ta boot! Just have to work out that gremlin of the key stuck in the ignition. Read about the switch, commented on a couple too, but I can give my column an upper cut & the key is free, not shifter then I'd assume.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
LOL ^^^^^^

go with zr5s man

Edit: wow they look nice painted black

Wow. Those do look sweet black! I wonder what it would look like bed lined?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

shhweeet

Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Beginning Member
rgwoehr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
I was thinking of steelies painted yellow or purple. Or both! With some... I dunno... Orange lugnuts. The ricer kids would love that.
I would go with both colors, that would add more power than if you just used one.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Hawkdoc is on a distinguished road

ok last night i got the engine running. took two days to get it timed i keep using the wrong timing mark on the pulley so i got my compression gauge and bore scope out got to #1 compression had to move the piston a little more for top dead center. found out the harmonic balancer had two marks on it. i felt stupid i dropped the distributer in three times before i got it right. got the lift kit in the front, tonight i will get the rear done. got new wheels in on Friday hussy have to get new tires. then off to the shop for front end alignment get super Chip on mon will install it then. this $900 blazer 99 will cost about $3500 Webern said and done

Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I got some work done on the leds today.

My soldering has gotten bad, I blame the crappy soldering iron I'm using.

Here is the style I'm going to do. The outer ring will be the running and the rest are the brake/turn.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

primered my inside tailgate piece to get ready for painting it im bad at taking pics ill try to do that more often

Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

I drove 14 miles to work and 14 miles back home. Well I can't use the sand blast machine at work to do my tow hooks. So what can I do now because I want to repaint them black because I am going black out on my Blazer.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Rust/paint stripper disc in a drill will clean them up.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?