General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mczuk
Thanks for the 'tip'
Np, the reasons I say that is the guy that owns the exhaust shop I take my truck to tells customers to use it once a week depending how often you wash it & get them dirty. After a wash & before off roading. It makes sense because WD-40 stands for "Water Displacement – 40th Attempt".

Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road

got my HIDs put in yesterday, 6000k im happy with them and the color. very bright at night too

Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Did nothing but roast the tires on a call today. Had a fire call to set up a LZ and when I backed out of the driveway, I stepped into it a little hard and lit up the tires.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:55 PM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

It's sat in the garage all day today, but yesterday I got a car wash.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:05 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Bracket for my oil filter housing came in today, saturday i get to swap that stuff out.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Picked up a 7805 fixed voltage regulator.

Yes, that's Blazer related - 12V will fry the circuit for my home made scanning brake light dealeebob ... As has been demonstrated

Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Not just today but since Saturday myself & a friend have:
-Removed every suspension, drive train & steering component except the PS lower control arm.
-Installed a RC 2 1/2" suspension lift
-Dropped the oil pan
-R/R the connecting rod bearings
-Cleaned the oil pan & gasket surfaces
& made up a few new swear words

PS side - you can see right through!

DS everything is out here

Crankcase & mounting surface all cleaned up

Connecting rod bearings, some scoring etc but the worst was some were narrower than others by a LOT

& finally what happens to a bad corroded on torsion bar key when you have an angle grinder & zip disk

We took the PS bar out ok with some pounding & plenty of PB Blaster, but the DS was a bitch. So we dragged it & the rear cross mount out the back with the bar attached. Then cut it with the zip disk, took a cold chisel & hammered the cut apart to free it from the bar. BAD KEY!

One thing I want to drive into peoples heads is at least every 3 or 4 months or when you give it an oil change/chassis lube - spray penetrate on any or every bolt, nut & fastener you can get to! You will want to thank me later, trust me! lol

Need to adjust the PS torsion bar a little to even things out & get an alignment, hopefully tomorrow.
All in all & as I said to my friend I wouldn't want to go through that much pain, frustration, torment to add 2-1/2" to my you-know-what but I'll go through that for my truck lol. Gf said I didn't need it (good answer hunny!) but she said women would go through that & more to lose an inch off their hips, waist etc lol. Gotta love women!

Last edited by Rottidog; 05-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Drove to work. What a wild day it was today here in Two Rivers. Downpour rain, hail, and lighting. Got over 3" of rain today. Water from the river is way over the flood stage. Here is the video of the river when I was on my way to work this afternoon.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
I installed a set of Moog joints (uppers & lowers) in 2010. The upper is already smoked. Lifetime warranty on the part, but I get to do the job twice. Seems lifetime don't mean s**t nowadays.

Now keep in mind, this Blazer is only driven in the winter - there's only about 13k miles on those Moogs. Most people do that in less than a year.

were those the ones with the grease fittings??

Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Yep - Amsoil grease in everything too.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?