General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
im glad its in a 1st gen. i did a tune up for a old lady in her 2nd gen,between my big hands and little patience....i wanted to burn it down. #3 plug is a breeze as i have a tool that wraps itsself around the steering shaft and works perfectly.
What tool is this that you speak of? I was running extensions and a couple swivel sockets. needless to say, it worked, but could have been easier.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

My second gen with a first gen engine (CPI) is pretty easy IMO, but I am also curious as to what tool you are talking about.

In other news, my SES light is gone! (knock on wood) I'm very pleased with my $15 scan link cable.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

washed her up nice and shinny ..besides the tires lol (oops haha)

Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
My second gen with a first gen engine (CPI) is pretty easy IMO, but I am also curious as to what tool you are talking about.

In other news, my SES light is gone! (knock on wood) I'm very pleased with my $15 scan link cable.
Did you put the first gen CPI in your second for the tiny bit of added HP and torque?

Old 08-08-2012, 04:29 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

Just ordered this from ebay, been waiting a month for them to restock only to find out it has been up a while just under toyota tacoma name, (wtf). Can't wait for it to get here haha

</title><meta name="description" content="1996-10 Toyota Tacoma 2WD & 4WD 1.5"-2" Short REAR Add-a-Leaf Kit [6104] in eBay Motors , Parts Accessories , Car Truck Parts , Suspension Steering , Lift Kits Parts |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="1996

Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
Did you put the first gen CPI in your second for the tiny bit of added HP and torque?
Haha, no, the 95s came with CPIs. My weird blazer has the CPI with OBDII and no MAF sensor. It was a weird year for sure.

Today I hammered out some dents in my oil filter skid plate and cleaned some of the oil off it.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Wow hadn't been on here since July 31st. I just went up north on August 3rd and 4th and got the other Blazer for parts for $350 It is a '96 Blazer 4 doors 4x4 LS. I already took the hood off from it and put on mine to replace my banged up hood and got a extra cd player now. Hope in the next 5 weeks I can go back up to my uncle's place for the weekend to take more stuffs off to bring back home.

Last edited by chevyracingfan23; 08-08-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

we had a massive rain...first time ever i had water on the driver side floor.
only suspect is the wires for the lights i added and was to lazy at the time to route them thru firewall. so now i fixed that, but when i went to pull up carpet and dry it out....i couldnt believe my eyes!!! i have a rust spot the diameter of a softball on the floor. i guess i have had a slow leak and never knew it. luckily its mostly surface...but still. i cant believe it, chase rust down when ever it pops up and it was literally under my feet the whole time!!!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
What tool is this that you speak of? I was running extensions and a couple swivel sockets. needless to say, it worked, but could have been easier.
il get the name of it tomorrow. i cant find anything online on it. its like 8 inches long,with a wishbone type handle,that has a knuckle and a 5/8 socket on it.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Beginning Member
dbshortwave is on a distinguished road

well... ended up making repairs to the 2000 jimmy yesterday, somewhere along the line and the drive home the power steering cooler gave up the ghost... pissed out fluid all over everything, road, parking spot my driveway yeah i wasnt a happy camper yesterday.

i swear, between the 2 of them my blazer and this jimmy they get jealous if one gets repairs

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?