General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Beginning Member
metroid_killer@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road

today I installed my door springs. they have been out for years after doing the door pins. finally found the right spring compressor at harbor frieght for a few bucks and popped them in. Also on friday (last week) the starter went. Since im 2wd the swap was alot easier than discribed on the thread. but after 178,000 miles its about time some original components start to fail. still waiting for that factory u joint to fail.....

Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I just received a goodie package in the mail from Rex! Pretty excited to get the throttle body spacer installed so my intake will actually fit! Thanks again Rex! I really appreciate it man.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

HAHA i'm glad it made it! And no worries man I don't mind helping out a good dude at all. I'm sitting here waiting for my trailer hitch to arrive via usps!!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:43 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Usps = SNAIL MAIL .... SO SLOW

Old 07-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Its the worst!!! I'm so impatient its pathetic. I did just go and pick up some more spray on bedliner to get to work on it right away once it gets here though

Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

drove mine to the bank so i can order the coil.... Engine light came on on the way home ...

Wooopeee for codes 42 and 43 !

Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Wife's Voyager fell apart last week, so I've had neither the time nor money to do anything to the Blazer. Good thing it's still summer because fixing that thing took all my new tire money, and then some. Guess I'll have to get by on what little tread I have for a while longer

Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
mmm5288 is on a distinguished road
Default Drives Like New

Installed 4 new ball joints, CV shafts, idler arm and ft brakes. For 162,000 mile I can't complain about original upper ball joints .

Only problem was the CV nut was really stuck. Broke two 1/2" drive breaker bars . Had to cut the CV shaft shorter (was replacing anyways) to fit the 3/4" drive socket on. With 7 feet worth of breaker bar later and one heck of a bang it was off. (Not sure who the idiot was that last put it on but man).

Anyways, I'm all done now and time to chill

Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mmm5288
Installed 4 new ball joints, CV shafts, idler arm and ft brakes. For 162,000 mile I can't complain about original upper ball joints .

Only problem was the CV nut was really stuck. Broke two 1/2" drive breaker bars . Had to cut the CV shaft shorter (was replacing anyways) to fit the 3/4" drive socket on. With 7 feet worth of breaker bar later and one heck of a bang it was off. (Not sure who the idiot was that last put it on but man).

Anyways, I'm all done now and time to chill
about to start the same job on wife's 98 s10.
i have the axels brakes shocks.
BUT WHAT ABOUT the ball joints,ARE ADVANCEAUTO OK??....OR??
TIA

Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Replaced the gauge cluster in my 89 Jimmy, I was having issues with the temp gauge and was just going to replace the gauge but in the process I broke the mounting studs for the oil pressure gauge. I went to the local junkyard and found a very good condition cluster for $25. I transfered my original speedo to the new cluster and re-installed everything and all gauges are working correctly.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?