General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chevyracingfan23
Drove my Blazer to work then back home. Now I think my transmission is start acting up now. When I go from reverse to drive it don't kick in righ away. But I am still talking to a guy up in Florence (my hometown where I used to live) and am gettin closer to make a deal for that Blazer for $350. It same color as my Blazer and it is 95-97. He got a title for it but no motor, front bumper, and grille. Everything other is still on there so if the transmission is good then I will get it. I need alot of body parts for mine. So hope in the next 2 weeks I will know if I will be getting it for parts vehicle Keep my fingers cross.
mine does the same thing and i JUST had it rebuild im thinkin the shifting slunoid (screw it i cant spell tonight lol) is just acting up or just slow

Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
check your fluid
The fluid is full so I am thinking that the shifting solenoid is going out or something.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 247monster
mine does the same thing and i JUST had it rebuild im thinkin the shifting slunoid (screw it i cant spell tonight lol) is just acting up or just slow
That what I am thinking that is the problem too. Now I have to go to the bank tomorrow for a meeting and hoping that they will let me take out a $500 loan then I can get it If I do get that Blazer I will replace alot of them parts on my Blazer that I have now. Will let you guys know tomorrow if I do get it.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I put a spare Mini H1 projector in one of my headlamps just to see how it goes. It doesn't look great, but it's function over fashion at the moment.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Beginning Member
egbert567 is on a distinguished road

What steering shaft are your using?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Starting Member

Well I talked to that guy that have that Blazer for $350. We close on a deal tonight. I am getting it for $350. He does have a title for it. Transmission is good, interior is ok, but dirty, drivers door got dent in it but might be able to pull the dent out, front bumper and grille is junk but that no big deal, hood is really nice, tires are junk but hold air, motor does run but major rod knock but I can use most of the parts off of it like the cruise control, ac, and other stuffs. Here is one picture of it he had on his cell from last October. He had to get it out of his yard because he don't have the time and money to fix her up because of the baby. I trust him after I found it was one of my dad's friend that he went to school and work with when we used to live up in Florence.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
you sound like such a tease!!!
hey, if Jimmy would have put a 10$ in my g-string, i would have been more up to putting the parts in.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
I put a spare Mini H1 projector in one of my headlamps just to see how it goes. It doesn't look great, but it's function over fashion at the moment.
If done right, they can look really good, when you have the headlamps apart to put in the mini h1 projector in there, paint the shroud and the inside of the lamp body color to pull it in with the rest of the truck

Old 07-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member
garry1970 is on a distinguished road
Default debadging my 2000 4x4 4dr.

well just two , three days ago i completly removed my dash to retrieve my iPhone out of the defrost vent ..lol.. with the help of Lanny . thats all done back to new . now i have broke out the heat gub and started debadging it . going pretty easy . just stopped for a cig and thought i'd jump on the BlazForums . i am wanting / to do the 'ol bedliner spray where the side trim used to be and paint my rims black .i seen a 97 on here same color that has inspired me...lol.. Thanx Blazer Forums ..You guys Rock! a few pics , and yes its inside the garage ..Iim in Tx its 100+ My Garage has a/c

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photodb1.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-db2.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-db3.jpg  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
If done right, they can look really good, when you have the headlamps apart to put in the mini h1 projector in there, paint the shroud and the inside of the lamp body color to pull it in with the rest of the truck
Yeah, I'm going to have to cut the core support to get them to fit right. But since I want to go with FX-Rs, I'm not going to cut yet. So for now they are sticking out of the reflectors.

Name:  photobucket-7886-1342820752930.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  63.7 KB

I don't like the look, but I like the view at night.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?