General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

ooops the $117 was for both hubs... your ABS wasn't part of the hub bearing assy?
I have a '02 & the ABS is part of the bearing assy. (has the connection for the ABS on the hub) Engine is a late model (no EGR etc) but thats odd.
No wiring harness for the ABS?
ok, I'll put the beer down now lol

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-26-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Pics of the aluminum skids would be nice. Are they diamond plate & shiney as all hell?
Not shiney nor diamond plate. Just the standard aluminum skids just like these, although my front skid has been trimmed and modded a bit to work with my winch mount:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/wasnt-someone-looking-skid-plate-pics-39610/

Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Pics of the aluminum skids would be nice. Are they diamond plate & shiney as all hell?
Get an aftermarket seat warmer/massager that plugs into the lighter/aux socket. Then you have the bonus of not sticking to the leather in the summer or freezing your assets off in the winter.

But with the factory seat warmers wouldn't there be extra or a different wiring harness?
& I know what Trail Blazers look like. I dispised them for the longest time because when I was searching for LED Tail Lights for my '02 all there was around were for Trail Blazers. Now there's more of a selection that are for Blazers.

3 consecutive posts in 6 minutes!

dude, ya gotta learn to go back and use the "edit" function on your posts!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

& I know what Trail Blazers look like. I dispised them for the longest time because when I was searching for LED Tail Lights for my '02 all there was around were for Trail Blazers. Now there's more of a selection that are for Blazers.
I'm not even sure if the trailblazer additions even came with seat warmers I'm guessing the harness would probably be the same but I'm not sure

Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I did Edit & go back, fix/correct the wrongs lol, I maybe should use Preview more often... but I love the skid marks (don't hear too many men saying that to other men lol) on the plates

Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I'm not even sure if the trailblazer additions even came with seat warmers I'm guessing the harness would probably be the same but I'm not sure
huh.......you'd think with the TrialBlazer package being so upscale, heated seats would be standard with that package.

I did Edit & go back, fix/correct the wrongs lol, I maybe should use Preview more often... but I love the skid marks (don't hear too many men saying that to other men lol) on the plates
hmmm.........not sure what happened then, 'cause whenever i've gone back & hit the "edit", i've just had the post open right up there to alter it.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
seat warmers
Seat warmers... ugh!

Am I the only person in the world who gets a massive back ache from seat warmers? I tangled with 'em once on a 150 mile car ride driving my friend's explorer back from the beach. Ever go that far with your back tied in a pretzel and without ever touching the seat?

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Today I had enough of trying to scrounge center console parts for my 94. When I bought my right fender I noticed that the guy had a 97 with a console in it. After I went to look at it it was the same color as my interior. The console was in perfect condition and he only wanted $50.00 for it including the brackets. So it's upgrade time for the little pig. If anyone's interested I might do a DIY post with pictures. It looks pretty easy just the parcel tray (forward console) in the 94 has to go because the 97 goes all the way from the heater box to the same rear location as the old one. Gotta modify the floor outlets and relocate the lower power receptacle but it shouldn't be too bad. Then I can start looking for some Trailblazer seats.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Beginning Member
kng254 is on a distinguished road

Today I installed new wheel bearing hubs and new KYB shocks all around. I gotta say 43 degree is not as warm as it sounds when you have to work on your car outdoors.

Last edited by kng254; 01-27-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I had to patch the passenger rear tire on my K5... Picked up a nail. Nothing a plug patch wouldn't cure!

And on the heated seats comment by TFisher... They do have an off switch. I think they are great on long trips. Heck, even my short trips to/from work in the winter are nicer with the heated seats in my Rainier. My Bravada and Bonneville both had them as well so I am hooked. I wouldn't mind putting heating elements in the K5 seats! (kidding... or am I??)

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?