General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I went to a u-pull-it and got a replacement hazard switch (and one for Gio) and got that in. It's nice to not have to worry about if my signals are flashing or my hazards or anything.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Filled up the tank!! I was pleased though as I have been averaging about 16-17 mpg over my last several tanks. I was down around 14 for a long time but I have been trying to drive more economically and its working!!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

I gave it a long over due bath, had the power washer on full power and still couldnt get the caked on mud off from under the fenders. Then I fixed my drivers side mirror, turned out to be a pain but got it fixed (thank God for gorilla glue and duct tape,lol) Then I scraped and painted my receiver hitch, and scraped the rust around the truck and found the wild things first rust hole Under the drivers rear door the rust ate through the metal, the hole is a little bigger than a pack of gum. So I cleaned it up and sprayed the rust preventative stuff on it. Then I filled it up, costed 50 bucks at 3.99 a gallon. I had 17.56 mpg though, thats been pretty constant lately. (All this was over a coarse of three days)

Last edited by May One; 09-20-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Scottcmb is on a distinguished road

First posting after joining. My wife just bought herself a 2002 Blazer 4.3lt and big exhaust.
Today i couldnt help myself but mod the throttle body, took it fior a drive and liked the difference. Then i Hooked up my V2 and pulled the tune.......did some logging........noticed alot to change in the tune.........made changes logged again.......after 4 runs and massaging of the tune.......its a complete different vehicle!!!......my wife loves it even more now!!!..lol

tomorrow its order a cold air intake system for it........i see in my data logs that it will really benefit from it

Cheers Scotty

Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

and how did you mod the throttle body?

On a side note, got my hifonics amp today, what a difference over that crappy dual, so crisp and clean on the sound.
Now all I need to do is get rid of this terrible sealed box and get a ported one.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Scottcmb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
and how did you mod the throttle body?

On a side note, got my hifonics amp today, what a difference over that crappy dual, so crisp and clean on the sound.
Now all I need to do is get rid of this terrible sealed box and get a ported one.
My throttle body had a restrictor cup riveted and fused to the throttle blade......all i did was cut away the cup part and left the flat fused part still attached to the blade and made it nice and flat to the profile of the blade........and leave the rivet still on it.......its NOT a good idea to remove the rivet as you will end up with an extra hole in the blade which will upset the idling.......the blade already has a specific size hole in it for stable idling to go with the tune ..........this mod helps with low to mid throttling around town...a noticable improvement
My wife states "made driving around town a whole lot easier and better with good response when she needed it".

Another improvement i did was the throttle cable........i dont know what they are like on the Left hand drive versions over there in the States....but here with the right hand drive version, the cable is HORRIBLY routed with too many bends in it which made the peddle WAY to stiff and hard to push for gentle throttling....at first i thought springs were too hard...checked that and NOPE, next thought the cable might have been fraying.....nope was like new.......and was easy when nice and straight...thats when i realised that it had alot of bends as it snaked around the engine bay.......so i routed it so it was like one big loop....and BINGO it gives a nice soft and smooth throttle peddle........so now so far i have quite a few new Brownie points with the wife ..lol

Scotty

Old 09-22-2012, 08:05 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

When the wife is happy,you benefit everything from it. Dont mess up! lol

My dads blazer is leaking a quart a week. The torque converter cover is soaked in oil. Im going to wash all of it down,and remove the cover and watch for a Leak. Hopefully its just the oil filter housing like mine was. If its the rear seal,eh..v8 swap anyone?

Old 09-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

pulling the dash apart today to find the relays for the headlights, have to find out why i can only drive the ZR2 in daylight.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 AM
roadkillracer is on a distinguished road

G'day all, I drove up North to our shop and bench raced all afternoon with my Dad. We started organizing the parts for the engine and rear diff for the 84 K5. We are trying to decide if we should put together a 400 small block or a big block. Already have both machined and just need to decide which would be more practical.

Got the rear diff dragged out and up on stands. Its a 14 bolt that we set up with a new Detroit Locker and a disc brake kit. Only things left is to weld the truss bar on the top and shoot some paint on it.

ms

Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

spent 180 bucks on a new starter and acouple hrs later shes up and running again

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?