General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Beginning Member
dbshortwave is on a distinguished road

Been doing some thinking and I want a project truck. Looking for an S-10 pickup with a dead motor, good frame, free rolling chassis. So much wrong with my red blazer to keep dumping money into, bad frame bad transfer case.. ;/ But the thing is it has a good engine, trans, electronics, and exhaust. Why not put the good parts from the ol lady into something else that needs it and drive it.

As for the jimmy I "fixed" the smog pump sorta, its noisy but it works. Found it to have a flat spot in it went to a bone yard and grabbed one with issues. Got it working an cleared that code. I'll buy a new one at a later date. for now its clear and it will pass.
I wouldn't have figured out where the relay and fuse was without this site.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer974 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
makes me wonder why your pretending to work on the truck in that picture lol Just playing
I wasn't pretending to work on my truck. I was looking at the new exhaust, that was installed a few hours earlier, to see where the pipes running over the axle were hitting and my wife decided to snap a photo. It appears to be hitting at the top of the pumpkin so it's going to have to be fixed. Maybe you should check out the difference between "you're" and "your" before you try to make assumptions on a text based forum. Oh, lol just playing.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Beginning Member
jeff618 is on a distinguished road

New wipers! Wow, the extreme heat and drought of this past summer completely dryrotted my wipers. Received an email from wipers123 (online) and they are running rebates on both front and rear wipers - good deal. Got them ordered and on their way!!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

Friday Ill be adding another Blazer to my collection. The Wild Thing X. A 2000 Blazer with 191k on the body but 50k on motor and trans. $2500 and all it needs is a windshield (which will be done Monday). As for the current Wild Thing, Ill be using it as a spare truck right now, but thinking about turning it into an offroad truck (lift, tires, lights, etc). OR if I find a 4 cyl extended cab S-10 that I like I might trade it off. No telling right now, just some thoughts....

Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today I got some vinyl to wrap the sub box, other than that, got nothing done besides disturb the peace.
might take off the hvac controls this weekend and fix the shoddy bulb connections GM made in the first gens, so they light up again.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Dropped it off last night to get some pipes done. Bye bye junk, falling apart stock stuff!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Blazer974
I wasn't pretending to work on my truck. I was looking at the new exhaust, that was installed a few hours earlier, to see where the pipes running over the axle were hitting and my wife decided to snap a photo. It appears to be hitting at the top of the pumpkin so it's going to have to be fixed. Maybe you should check out the difference between "you're" and "your" before you try to make assumptions on a text based forum. Oh, lol just playing.
I'm really not sure what you were trying to accomplish with this comment but I'm pretty certain Gio knew you weren't working on your truck! There's really no reason to to post stuff like that. Oh and your tailights are ugly lol not just playing.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Well, at least the person taking the photo looks amused.... LOL

Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 AM
ajc-88 is on a distinguished road

Put a new mirror on since the old one was being held on by Duct tape :/
AND installing a new grill, Black, this afternoon. I am not a fan of chrome.
...if all goes well, I'm getting four 31 x 11.50 x 15 for $45 on Sunday

Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Installed a new glove box door (wish I had been able to get the entire dash from that truck, a little warping but no cracks) and a trans cooler.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?