General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:46 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by chris015
could you get me the part # for the bulbs? I realized mine was out too a few weeks ago.

Yours is 4wd right? I bet 10 cents its going to be the oil line adapter on the block (where the filter woulda gone if it was a 2wd.) they like to leak and make it look like a crank seal. Pressure wash it all off at the car wash and drive it home,then lay down,get comfortable and watch for runs. lol
Will do, thanks for the suggestion Chris! I have no problem "getting comfortable" under the blaze. At least it's not watching paint dry lol.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Lifted the front, removed the tires & tightened up what I was supposed to do a month after the RC install in April lol. Rides much better on the way home.
Then I took the PS valve cover off AGAIN & went at the rockers. I knew the front PS exhaust was making noise after setting it numerous times so I figured it was either a bent valve, buggered up guide or bad lifter because if i took the rocker off - noise went away.
I also found another rocker that could have used a little "tweaking" so I did that one too. Clickety wasn't there on the ride home!
But halfway I started to hear what sounds like a bearing on an upfront accessory going.
Off beat, non synchronous squeaking up & down & with engine revs. Grrrrrrrrrr. They way the sound articulates it seems like the tensioner.

Not a bad day I suppose... also filled the pig up to the tune of $70 on 87 octane.

<edit> Oh yeah I cleaned the air filter. On the way home it didn't hessitate, back fire up the throttle body like it did when cold before. Got a MAF & 02 code though, but that was probably because I was running it without the SC plumbed to the intake. It wasn't getting the air it's been programmed to & that's probably what set the codes off. I used the ELM & cleared them, ran the ELM all the way home & they didn't pop up again.
We'll see what tomorrow holds though lol.

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-06-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Alexquade is on a distinguished road

A weekish ago i trimmed that baffle shiz off my throttle blade. A lil better pep! =} friday, i changed my front brakes and driver side hub and rotor. Damn rotor was siezed to the hub. Ruined it by having to beat it off with a lil sledge hammber thing. Greased all that jazz for the brakes. Brakes havent felt that good since i got it!! =} two weeks from now ill be doing the passenger side. Just for precautionary reasons. =}

Old 10-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
.... Using full synthetic oil in a truck that had only been run on conventional for a long time. My truck started leaking something fierce (aka oil). It is a decent amount too. ..........
With old gaskets, synthetics are much more prone to seep past. Even on brand new vehicles I've noticed weeping around head gaskets & valve covers. If you've got a fair amount of miles on the engine (north of 100k) and it's never seen synthetics before, your probably better off running the cheapest oil you can find. At that stage of the game it makes more sense.

Only reason I run Amsoil in our '00 Jimmy engine in the Blazer is because I'm a dealer, so after selling oil to others I end up paying less for this than I would for conventional. It's a no-brainer in this case. Just so happens that engine is sitting in the barn right now on a stand - had to yank it for the exact problem your having. Every gasket, seal & freeze plug is being replaced while it's out.

My pan was pissing out the front driver's side corner. Even though I get synthetics cheap, I still don't want to waste them.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Arrow Slow progress

After taking a hiatus from doing anything Im actualy getting somethings accomplished.Mainly wire harness connections and things like that.Also hooked the altenator.The engine is slowly coming together but the trans and transfer case still has to be reinstalled.I hopefully I can get that stuff in a couple of weeks.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by int3414
how to you all deal with the broken sun visor,with the mirror lights on all the time.
more cheap crap.
Thanks for reminding me... I've had a short bungee cord and scrap of wood holding in the button on the passenger's side for the past year or so. Of course, it broke when out with GF and she tried to use the mirror...

Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Beginning Member
Blazin4x4trailz is on a distinguished road

i gave mine a good polish after removing the emblemsn the back. really brought the shine back. dont forget to follow with a wax.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Beginning Member

nice like VATOZONE. and i owned a 1991 2.8 5 speed s10 longbed and 1992 4.3 tahoe 4wd four door blazer both fun trucks

Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Beginning Member
Default washed waxed and clayed

i hope not in that order. should be wash clay polish wax i own all american detailing and will give any blazer owner the proper method and technique they need to keep them clean and happy.
Originally Posted by young murph
washed waxed and clay bared

Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member
dbshortwave is on a distinguished road

Went out for a drive on the father in laws lot. Took the jimmy, I was happy that the 4wd ran like a dream. Had to keep it in 4lo due to the hill and the ruts in his lot. Ran though it like it was nothing. It was happy to get its exercise find quarks and work on fixing the issues later. Still need to do the motor mounts that will be next month though. Being that I don't drive though a lot of lots like I did today I think I'll stick with OEM mounts.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?