General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

fixed my blinker issues. Nuff' said

Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

fixed headlight adjustment screw... today might get a video of the system.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

got my winter wheels back on the road. i have been joyriding in the mustang for a month.
gave her a bath and full tank of fuel. also freshened up the interior.

glad to be back in the high ride again.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I finished installing the shift kit and flushed the cooling system. I actually drove the Jimmy today for three hours and the "Check Engine" light never came on. I'm declaring success.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Couple little projects over the weekend. Made a few led dome light's, and finished the fab on the f/g sub box. Got it carpeted finally, now onto the amp rack.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Beginning Member
dbshortwave is on a distinguished road

got a line on a 4x4 pickup, i believe its a 96 or 95. for some reason one of the cylinders dropped its cap and fell a part in the oil pan.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Nothing

Im taking the day off from working on it.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
I finished installing the shift kit and flushed the cooling system. I actually drove the Jimmy today for three hours and the "Check Engine" light never came on. I'm declaring success.
The PCM sometimes holds a DTC until it has ran through at least 20 warm up & cool down cycles. Meaning it has to get to normal operating temp & cool down 20 times. It may even be 40 times, I can't remember.

If a DTC is present it may have to happen more than a few times in order for the PCM to light the CEL. This is normal for operating temp, 02 sensors etc. Things that may not get to proper temp in a short cycle/drive.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Of course there's really nothing like permanent success with an older vehicle. Anything can go wrong at any time. It will take several more drive cycles before I can have any sense of certainty that the P1870 won't come back.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Finally finished engine removal/installation 2.0 . Boy am I sick of working on this thing!! Yanking the engine once a year is a royal pain in the ***. Hopefully this should be the end to that ritual.

The new oil pump was a bit noisy to start out, but I didn't notice that at all until I got the exhaust hooked back up. Figured I'd better fire it up before I install the Y pipe and crossmember. None of those are fun to remove or install on this thing, because every nut & bolt has a different sized head. Gets real aggravating after you forget that detail after a year goes by ...

But anyway, here she is running but not yet finished. I never miss an opportunity to fire it up with no exhaust ...

Only thing I have left to do today is install the front skid plate, replace the heater fan switch, and see if I can't get the odometer working again.

Can't seem to figure out how to embed vids here, so here's the link. She sounds mean! Neighbors could hear it idle a 1/4 mile away.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/jjs05polaris/?action=view&current=Blazerrunningagainafteroillea krepairs.mp4

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?