General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Nothing yet today

But Im going to hook the wires up to the starter and connect my Ypipe

Old 11-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Well after more reading and digging online I think I might not need to replace the transmission!! The guy I was suppose to get the trans from wasn't returning my texts or calls to get his address so I started searching and found a couple other people that have had similar issues and reading their stories leads me to believe that I may just have bad shift solenoids!! Yay for that so I ordered two new solenoids and a new trans filter, seal, and pan gasket from Rockauto. I think what I will do is have a shop do a trans flush for me then I will swap the filter and solenoids after the flush is done so hoepfully anything that might come loose which shouldn't be much will be taken out when I replace the filter and then I will top off the trans fluid again and hopefully I will be good! I also went ahead and ordered the gasket kit for the remote oil filter since it has recently started leaking at the block I will takle this crap next week and hopefully my problems will be solved

Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

nothing today. yesterday i picked up my exhaust system i ordered from napa an ultra flo dynomax i cant wait till sat when its done (im doing it in school so i get credit) and i washed it yesterday

Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road

Tinted Windows to the Left/Right of the Driver with 35% and also Tinted my Tail Lights..

I'll post some pics up tonight..

Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Default Yesterday I struggled to get anything done.

Between light issues which are solved now and not having enough hands.The light issue is solved so Im going to attempt the exuast once more today.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Beginning Member
cadaver666 is an unknown quantity at this point

removed the stupid spare tire carrier from the back of my 94. new shock's all around and a fresh dent on the front driver side fender, slid into a tree while out testing the new shocks.. lol

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM

I put on a new oil filter and got my Y pipe installed today.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Finally fixed the non-working odometer (1st gen, no cable) . One of the plastic gears split and walked off the end of the shaft. Was wondering how the hell the speedometer could work without the odometer. Now I know. None of it is mechanical like the older ones - it's all run by stepper motors.

Also fixed my non-resettable trip meter by tack welding a carburetor float pin to the end of the shaft. Looks like someone epoxied the shaft in place way off-center, so one end of the shaft that was supposed to lock into this plastic support tower was free to flail about. No wonder it didn't work. After some careful welding, it works like a charm now.

While inside I repaired a non-functioning right t/s bulb. Bulb was fine - just made a bad contact. To be expected after 23 years of service.

Name:  Blazerodometerrepair.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  155.3 KB

Name:  Blazerodometerrepair2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  Blazerinstrumentpanelodometerrepair2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  55.8 KB

Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Beginning Member
tmnc78 is on a distinguished road

New Moog sway bar bushings and end links. I can feel a huge difference, way less body roll and alot more stable on curves!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photo0152.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photo0153.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photo0150.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-photo0151.jpg  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

today i refreshed her with a fresh coat of black primer. much betta. In the spring if i still have it it'll be painted either dark blue or jet black.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?