General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
You need to buy leds that match the color of the lenses they are behind. Leds don't shine more than one color (monochromatic), so if you filter them (behind a colored lens) they will be stupid dim. Get ones that are yellow and red and you will have better results.
I thought just that, so i bought amber ones for the front signals, red for the tail lights and clears cause i wasnt sure. the amber LED in the amber lens was pathetic at best. i tried the white LED in the amber lens was waaay brighter! still not even close to the stock bulb though. the red LED in a red lens wasn't quite as bad, but the white LED in the red lens was still far brighter. all the LEDs were to dim in my opinion to be safe for use as signal/brake lights imo.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I'd stay away from ebay leds like you said. The difference in quality and light output from name brands and china brands in the led field is crazy. (Not that you will find very many name brands on pnp led bulbs though, except something like this.)

Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

scraped ice off the windows LOL

Old 11-23-2012, 10:16 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Did a leak down yesterday and the injector cleaner didnt solve the issue.
Now i need to test the pressure from the filter location and do a leak down on the check valve.

Today I got my dads truck ready for inspection. Heading over at 3 to get the new sticker.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Yeah I'd stay away from ebay leds like you said. The difference in quality and light output from name brands and china brands in the led field is crazy. (Not that you will find very many name brands on pnp led bulbs though, except something like this.)
Kinda my thoughts. Maybe I'll splurge and buy the real deal for the signal and brake lights. any suggestions? anyone

Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member
Wexy21 is on a distinguished road

Here is what I've been working on. I'll get it finished Sunday since it's been cold and rainy. I can't park it inside the garage to paint so I'm gonn have to make sure the weather will let me.
I had two large rust holes in the passenger rocker panel. It was the only panel not replaced whent he truck was painted, so I guess it was hidden and just got missed. I gutted out the holes and took out as much rust as I could. Then patched with fiberglass and sanded smooth. After that cured I put some filler in the pits and dips to smooth it out some more. There is a little bit of a wave in it, but you can't really tell by looking. This will do until spring when I can cut this out and buy a new rocker panel. After I filled I put some filler primer on in a lot of coats. I have to sand a little more before painting, but should be able to get this done in one more day.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:47 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default No work today

I was traveling back from a road trip.
Wexy21 I need to do some body repair similair to what you have done.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road
Default mirrors

well i got these new mirrors cuz a heard of deer took off both my outside mirrors and these im having trouble with they are led mirrors but they want me to connect them to the parking lights has anyone seen this or has this issue im posting a picture som u can see wat i mean.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-mirros.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I would just hook the arrow to the turn signal. I think the marker lights on the front half would be a cop magnet - it's something they don't see every day so it will stick out like a sore thumb at night. I'd try to find ones without that part. Just my opinion.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

today i went back to the pick n pull.

Since yesterday i picked up a rear sway bar,seat track,speakers,cd bezel,and complete steering console. Score for me. I might make a write on the on the sway install.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?