General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Check and make sure you have 12v there with the blinkers on, in addition to a good ground. You'll have to tap into the wires coming out of the column for the turn signals, then run them into the door, and out the mirror mount (probably easier feeding them thru the mirror mount first, backwards). For running lights you can just tap into the output from the switch.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see you've got it figured out.
i thot i did i got excited i guess my passenger side works perfect but the driver side just stays on? but my regular directiuonals work just fine im not sure wat im doing wrong im about to take the mirror off and sstart the driver side over

Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Starting Member

and there is more the second positive wire that powers the other blue leds in the mirror only works on the driver side control which is cool and all but when the directional isnt going it stays on like the drivers side maybe my drivers side directional is grounding or somthing?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
Whoa wait,chevy astro van shafts? dont they have ragjoints too? imma google this!

Speaking of astro vans i know some of them had carbonfiber leafsprings,which weighs nothing compared to the stock ones. i remember someone telling me they fit. Im not sure though id love to have em though if they work.
Yep, 1996+ Astro fits and they have u-joints.

A Safer Alternative to the Cherokee Steering Shaft - SyTy/SGT - Forums

Don't pay attention to the horn bull****, none of our trucks have the horn grounded through the steering shaft.

And as for the fiberglass springs, here's what years they came, don't know the length though:

ASTRO 90-92 fiberglass

ASTRO 93-94

ASTRO 95 fiberglass

SAFARI (GMC) 90-92 fiberglass

SAFARI (GMC) 93-94

SAFARI (GMC) 95 fiberglass

ASTRO 85-87

ASTRO 88-89 fiberglass

SAFARI (GMC) 85-87

SAFARI (GMC) 88-89 fiberglass

Last edited by RetroBlazer; 11-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I looked over it,im a little tipsy so i bookmarked it for tomorrow. One thing i noticed is why the heck is the horn grounded through to horn?

*through the shaft. see? beer is a bad thing for typing.

Last edited by chris015; 11-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris015
I looked over it,im a little tipsy so i bookmarked it for tomorrow. One thing i noticed is why the heck is the horn grounded through to horn?
Beats the hell outta me. Dumb GM thing.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:38 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I un-tinted the window and tail lights.

Until I move back after school is done. Will be done again.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chevyrider RevT
and there is more the second positive wire that powers the other blue leds in the mirror only works on the driver side control which is cool and all but when the directional isnt going it stays on like the drivers side maybe my drivers side directional is grounding or somthing?
Sounds like you either tied into a constant 12v source instead of the turn signal ... or if I understand this right, your saying the light goes out when you turn the signal on ...but when you turn it off they light up? If so that is a classic ground issue. You probably need to ground it to something other than the door. The hinges or the wire itself might not be making a good ground. I'd go right inside the cab or straight to the frame.

Are these power mirrors too? If so that would explain the second wire.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I started it this morning, to let it warm up, heard a tick tick tick tick tick for literally 2 seconds and then it went quiet as can be (like it always is) this is the second time of it doing this when its cold, But it did not do it yesterday morning and it was colder than today.. hmmmmm.. another thing for me to worry about, even though after googling, I should not worry as long as it goes away. but I hate noises..

and that is what I did today, worried.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Sounds like you either tied into a constant 12v source instead of the turn signal ... or if I understand this right, your saying the light goes out when you turn the signal on ...but when you turn it off they light up? If so that is a classic ground issue. You probably need to ground it to something other than the door. The hinges or the wire itself might not be making a good ground. I'd go right inside the cab or straight to the frame.

Are these power mirrors too? If so that would explain the second wire.

in guess thats possible

and no im saying wen i hook the driver side up they stay on all the time even wen the directional is on and they barely flash wen its activated (but only driver side....)

and ive tested the ground several times yesterday so im positive its not the ground i tested just about everything possible yesterday and came up with zero solutions....

also no led only no power

Last edited by Chevyrider RevT; 11-28-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Roberto Lavin Lopez is on a distinguished road

I left her in my parents house waiting for new cooling oil lines.

But I came back home on my father's S10

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?