General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 05:59 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Brought home some new seats, as well as the bottom half of some power seats from a Blazer, so I can graft these 2014 Cadillac ATS seats into the 04 They're SOOOOOO comfortable! They should actually blend in nicely with the interior.

It's just so hard to find nice Blazer seats, and even when the material looks good they're just so uncomfortable... So I've been looking into options from other vehicles for a while. At first had some Lexus seats but they were so wide that I think I would have ran into issues with them hitting the center console and the door panel when the door is closed... These Cady seats are a good 2-3 inches narrower, they should sit in place perfectly.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 06-08-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:11 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Those are going to look awesome in there! And I bet they're about as comfortable as it gets. Nice find!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:37 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Wow I want caddy seats, too! Lol

Old 06-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Beginning Member
Haloblazer is on a distinguished road

I always wanted the 60/40 for mine but my seats are still in good shape

Old 06-11-2018, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Jensen, I did cut them a little, but not fully. I like the look of them. So I left a little in there. I will take some pictures hopefully tomorrow. I did re-installed the brush guard on Thursday night, but I've been so busy with getting ready for the weekend trip and coming back to work that I haven't had time.

Blazen_red, would you mind taking process pics or even writing up how you combine the two seat? I'm looking to do a full black interior swap at some point on mine. Really not liking the grayish, not sure if they mixed it with pewter, colour.

And I really like the back rest of those!

and as for the work done today on the blazer, I installed a new used stereo I grabbed from my dad when I got him his 450$ project beater civic. As well i raised and leveled the headlights on the blazer to hopefully get better nightime lighting. My driver side keeps saging down and I've notice it only lights up about 20-30 feet max in front of the truck with high beams.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:54 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Brought home some new seats, as well as the bottom half of some power seats from a Blazer, so I can graft these 2014 Cadillac ATS seats into the 04 They're SOOOOOO comfortable! They should actually blend in nicely with the interior.

It's just so hard to find nice Blazer seats, and even when the material looks good they're just so uncomfortable... So I've been looking into options from other vehicles for a while. At first had some Lexus seats but they were so wide that I think I would have ran into issues with them hitting the center console and the door panel when the door is closed... These Cady seats are a good 2-3 inches narrower, they should sit in place perfectly.

I want these in my living room.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Haloblazer
I always wanted the 60/40 for mine but my seats are still in good shape
I actually have a 40/60 bench in the Blazer right now. Actually removed some black leather Bravada seats that I installed way back when to install the bench. The Bravada seats were fairly uncomfortable too... The bench seat isn't better at all lol but I just wanted something different.

Originally Posted by DonL
Blazen_red, would you mind taking process pics or even writing up how you combine the two seat? I'm looking to do a full black interior swap at some point on mine. Really not liking the grayish, not sure if they mixed it with pewter, colour.

And I really like the back rest of those!
I planned on it Will make a thread and post plenty of pictures. Maybe even a video, I need to get some more views and subscribers on my YouTube channel

Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 PM
canadianbacon is on a distinguished road

Changed the fuel filter, what a stupid location for it to be in. Why didn't they put it on the other side of the crossmember so there's nothing around it to get in the way?

Old 06-12-2018, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Are you going to cut those little plastic pieces out to attach your grill guard/tow hooks?

and all re-installed

Old 06-12-2018, 08:52 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Rewired my e fan using heavier gauge wire, a 50amp maxi-fuse and a 100amp relay. After blowing a couple regular 30amp fuses and having a 30 amp relay I thought it was time for an upgrade

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?