General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Well,helped out some family and got the money to buy my battery,hose etc. IN fact,one of the salvage yards here has batteries for $20 and has a 30 day warranty. Cool. I'll be heading to get it in a bit when i get a ride. Broken down daily driver is a heartache.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Good luck getting it back up and running!! I did a whole Lotta nothing

Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Great. ride bailed.
aka no ride for battery since the place closed at 5. I will have a ride later though when my brother stops by. Il get my rad hose etc then.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Good luck getting it back up and running!! I did a whole Lotta nothing

Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
daddyx2 is on a distinguished road

Bought some smoked out tail lights ($52 free shipping), and a cold air intake ($32 free ship) from ebay. Just gotta get the k&n filter to match the dimensions of the filter it came with when it shows up. Mini christmas present to me. When taxes come back im gonna spend a day or two at dads fixings the exhaust leak in the y pipe somewhere, all the brakelines, and change out the brakes to get it through another year.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

$2 junkyard find. No more bare spare.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-122oubs.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

new radiator, fan and lower fan shroud installed.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
BF Veteran

Well,after 1 more trip to the yard,i finally found a good battery. with a 2012 date on it..

after i left,i noticed a blazer sitting in a store parking lot with the hood opened. You know i HAD to go see. guy had a dead battery. I jumped em off and left. I feel bad for that blazer. no rad cap,nothing but water in it.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I'm amazed at what you southern & western guys can still find in junkyards!
Up here, there are ZERO 1st gen Blazers left. If you do find one, it's so rotted out there's nothing worth grabbing. Besides, you'd need a portable generator with a plasma cutter to get anything metal off it anyway.

Ours still has the original cover. It's blown out at the bottom, but I never replaced it because I've never been able to find one. Either way it's off the road until next winter, so that's a non-issue anyway ...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazersparetirecoverrear.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
I'm amazed at what you southern & western guys can still find in junkyards!
Up here, there are ZERO 1st gen Blazers left. If you do find one, it's so rotted out there's nothing worth grabbing. Besides, you'd need a portable generator with a plasma cutter to get anything metal off it anyway.

Ours still has the original cover. It's blown out at the bottom, but I never replaced it because I've never been able to find one. Either way it's off the road until next winter, so that's a non-issue anyway ...
If i find one,you want me to get it while im at the yard?

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?