General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Put gas in....Although i put in 93 octane this time. was on E and put 10.00 in yesterday,then i put 25 more in today and i tell ya,it didnt make a huge difference but i could tell it idled better and was a little more preppy then the usually. Not sure if its worth the extra 40 cents a gallon but i like it. Maybe il run it for now on unless im broke. My exhaust even smells cleaner.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

finally rebuilt my steering and replaced my steering box with an astro van box. very easy to do and way worth it.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Alexquade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
finally rebuilt my steering and replaced my steering box with an astro van box. very easy to do and way worth it.
Whats the upgrade? =}

Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 AM
Roberto Lavin Lopez is on a distinguished road

friday gets new ball joint and upper control arm bushing (shop ask 50 usd buck for the deal plus spares).
saturday, during a trip to country side, the cooling wate start to boil near 100 celcius degrees. arrive to country side, test cooling water and boling temperature is just 100 celcius degree...dammit!. i had brand new dex cool in truck, so drain radiator and then, engine block... but engine block doesnt want to be drained....finally, in both side i need to insert a srew drive and break some kind of hard sludge and water cames out. inspecting tranny oil cooler figure out a lot of black like slidge, and when flushing the system from engine block waters cames with a rainbow like color (like water with fuel....). since here in country side i dont have any flushing liquid, need to let blazer here until next week.

also plannig a compression test today.. please Blazer don't give me another headache!!
dammmmm!!!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Beginning Member
99cbsuv is an unknown quantity at this point

Purchased and had mounted a set of Firestone Winterforce tires. This concludes my spending on this vehicle ( hopefully ) for this year. Blazer drives much quieter and the small amount of play I had in the steering has diminished to almost unnoticeable.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 99cbsuv
Purchased and had mounted a set of Firestone Winterforce tires. This concludes my spending on this vehicle ( hopefully ) for this year. Blazer drives much quieter and the small amount of play I had in the steering has diminished to almost unnoticeable.
This year end in a couple of weeks.You know that, right?

iIneed new tires. a week ago, i had a vibration at rear part and a noise at the front wheels. at shop the rotate position and now get vibration at front, noise at rear... so new tires...

Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Beginning Member
99cbsuv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roberto Lavin Lopez
This year end in a couple of weeks.You know that, right?
Yes, and I'm hoping you didn't wake this thing up and give it any more ideas for me to dump some more money into it ...

Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chestypuller
these vortec 4.3 are roller rockers right? whats the rocker adjustment procedure?
I think everything '00 & later has the roller TRUNION. Mine is a '00. Rocker gets torqued to 22 ft./lbs. and that's it:

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazerenginerockersvalvessprings.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Starting Member
armykyle1 is on a distinguished road

Replaced the rear brakes, calipers, brackets, rotors and pads. Now I have to rebuild the parking brakes.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 99cbsuv
Yes, and I'm hoping you didn't wake this thing up and give it any more ideas for me to dump some more money into it ...
No, I didn't want it. But just last monday I say "ok, ball joint and bushing and that's all, no more"... now new thermostat, new engine cooling temperature sensor... need a flushing and probably a radiator sealing.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?