General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Alright....so I've done some things that are long past updating.

Long ago I lifted my wife's blazer, put matching 31x10.5's on it, installed some forward facing, and reverse lights, a CB, and did a basic tune-up...here are some pictures:

Day 1:

Lights:

Lift and Tires:

View from my street:

Today I got the fuel filter changed, oil changed, rear shocks installed, and finally mounted the CB antenna right where she wanted it.

Shocks:

Antenna:

Another of the antenna:

My wife even got a little dirty =P

Next up on the list is an idler arm and front shocks. Hopefully the weather and time will cooperate.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
see the "dos and don'ts of the 4.3" thread for that fix.
all you need is a 2dr 2wd with 215 tires and 3.08 gears! bam!
yeah, "bam!" alright-with one of your Glock's, or whatever your choice is (can't remember right now).

fuel economy isn't the end all to driving you know.

but if the 13 to 15 MPG keeps up, i'm sriously gonna look @ this '91 K5 from North Carolina w/118,000 miles on it, loaded (even has the rare power mirrors like my 'Burb). he's asking $4900 obo. i know it won't be worse than my '98 S Blazer, and it'd be nice to drive a "real" truck again!

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
found no fluid in my front diff (

oooooo, that's not good.

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Don't worry, in a month or so take another pic against the garage door, compare the pics & you'll notice them a darker blue. I got the 8000K's from HIDextra & they're really blue now. Ironic, I kinda wish I would have gotten the 6000K's now lol
good to know.

this is why i like rea customer feed back, 'cause i can't stand "blue" lights. i want white, like lookinginto the Sun white! wonder if the 5000K's would be better in the long run then? i just don't think they "look" bright enough though.

isn't LuvMyTJ running the 5000K's? wonder how his are holding up?

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
My wife even got a little dirty =P

Next up on the list is an idler arm and front shocks. Hopefully the weather and time will cooperate.

now that's a good shot of the wife!

wish mine helped more..........but she does keep the work crew feed, and well hydrated!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:19 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah the 4300K - 5000K will be "as close to sunlight around noon" ish

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Yeah the 4300K - 5000K will be "as close to sunlight around noon" ish
again, good to know, 'cause that's what i'm after.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:01 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Washed my blazer...
Checked the tires and they were all about 20psi... put em back to 35 and gained a few inches..lol
Changed the oil... (managed to drop a socket into the drip pan...)
Went through almost all fluids......
Noticed some small rust spots under the rear doors... about pin ****** in size...
Also the tow hooks got salted and now are brown.... damn....

Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

but if the 13 to 15 MPG keeps up, i'm sriously gonna look @ this '91 K5 from North Carolina w/118,000 miles on it, loaded (even has the rare power mirrors like my 'Burb). he's asking $4900 obo. i know it won't be worse than my '98 S Blazer, and it'd be nice to drive a "real" truck again!
Man, what is the deal? I got a 4x4x4 and I can knock out 20 mpg....

Old 02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Washed my blazer...
Checked the tires and they were all about 20psi... put em back to 35 and gained a few inches..lol
Changed the oil... (managed to drop a socket into the drip pan...)
Went through almost all fluids......
Noticed some small rust spots under the rear doors... about pin ****** in size...
Also the tow hooks got salted and now are brown.... damn....
get some of that under coat spray and spay those door panels down. did it on my alero and stopped the rust in its tracks

Originally Posted by wlorton
Man, what is the deal? I got a 4x4x4 and I can knock out 20 mpg....
i got 19 once in the summer and that was with all my tools with me.
might be able to squeak 20-21 if you pry the tools out of my dead hands.lol. they're trucks not sedans.

"yeah, "bam!" alright-with one of your Glock's, or whatever your choice is (can't remember right now).

but if the 13 to 15 MPG keeps up, i'm sriously gonna look @ this '91 K5 from North Carolina w/118,000 miles on it, loaded (even has the rare power mirrors like my 'Burb). he's asking $4900 obo. i know it won't be worse than my '98 S Blazer, and it'd be nice to drive a "real" truck again!"

i was getting 13 before i changed spark plugs, pcv valve, fuel injector cleaners, now she gets 17 in the winter

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-07-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
get some of that under coat spray and spay those door panels down. did it on my alero and stopped the rust in its tracks
Um... You probably just didn't see it rusting. Undercoating can be one of the worst ways to deal with rust...

And you really should learn the multiquote () feature! Just hit the button for all of the posts you want to respond to and then hit quote on any one of them. Do not continue to break the rules man!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Um... You probably just didn't see it rusting. Undercoating can be one of the worst ways to deal with rust...

And you really should learn the multiquote () feature! Just hit the button for all of the posts you want to respond to and then hit quote on any one of them. Do not continue to break the rules man!
thanks kyle , i was looking for a multi quote button, i figured you guys had one for quoting multiple messages to consolidate space. undercoat acts like bedliner, it prevents rust and if his door isn't to far gone it will definetly prolong the life. didn't they do that in the "olden" days on newer vehicles to prevent rust. i know my grandpa had a liftime rust guarentee but he had to get it undercoated every year. he never had rust problems as long as he owned it. i also know they over something similar today even though gm guarantees at least 5 years on their rust prevention.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I know what undercoating is and I definitely know what it can cause if done improperly. If you have rust, there likely is moisture. If you do not clean off the rust and completely dry out the area before applying it, you will seal in moisture and potentially cause the panel to rot out faster than if just left alone. It isn't as simple as slathering the stuff on and all your rust problems will go away.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?