General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

If it is plastic, I would use an adhesion promoter before you lay down anything after you are done sanding and washing it off. Or you will be repainting it before you know it.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Copperhead 2001
installed a new water pump, removed the front clip, did a little adjusting, then blacked out the chrome, and did a light coating of VHT Nightshades on the front and rear turn signals, and 3 coats of clear on the signals after.
I like it!!!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazergrill_zps59220cf2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

clean off the frame and hit it with a can plasti dip. we'll have to see how it turns out.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Starting Member
Joshs4x4 is on a distinguished road

Wheel bearing.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Fresh coat of 4 inches of snow... Took her to go pay the insurance bill and to pick up a set of brake shoes for the k1500... Facking napa sold me the wrong shoes. SO off to town again tomorrow.

Also my dads s10 pickup keeps overheating... She gets to 250. When I open the hood the engine is cold. I can place my hand on the motor with out burning my self.

Well after then I notice I had no heat and then all of a sudden the temp dropped... and every thing went back to normal meaning the thermostat is stuck from my point of view. Time to go swap thermostats in the morning too since its under warranty.

Posting more pictures and 2 videos my mom took on the way home in my build thread.

Here is a teaser

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-pict2277.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
Dustyrandall is on a distinguished road

Today I did the distributor rotor and cap, and wires and ac delco platnium plugs, fuel filter, and yesterday I did the brake fluid change and cleaned and greased the brakes, cleaned out the maf sensor and throtlebody, and changed the oil and went the 5w20 route was on sale for 18 bucks, and a 5 buck motomaster filter. Had the diffs, trany, trans case fluids changed at the shop and allignment and a new friction modifier for the rear locker. And i cleaned out the k&n air filter. Tomorrow i plan on lubein the chassis, flushin the heater core and coolant, checking the pcv, eec, and o2's, insulating the doors and undercoating, and adjusting the head lights since a raised the t bars and got shakles and new 31" tires. And after that I gotta bondo up the triming i did to make that fit. and i gotta get the shop to spray through the fuel injectors and tune the timings, then i should be all set, 129,9XX kms, thats 80,000 miles on the blazer now got it with 50,000 on it 3 years ago So far only thing to die was the starter, ball joints, and a caliper.

Last edited by Dustyrandall; 01-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dustyrandall
Today I did the distributor rotor and cap, and wires and ac delco platnium plugs, fuel filter, and yesterday I did the brake fluid change and cleaned and greased the brakes, cleaned out the maf sensor and throtlebody, and changed the oil and went the 5w20 route was on sale for 18 bucks, and a 5 buck motomaster filter. Had the diffs, trany, trans case fluids changed at the shop and allignment and a new friction modifier for the rear locker. And i cleaned out the k&n air filter. Tomorrow i plan on lubein the chassis, flushin the heater core and coolant, checking the pcv, eec, and o2's, insulating the doors and undercoating, and adjusting the head lights since a raised the t bars and got shakles and new 31" tires. And after that I gotta bondo up the triming i did to make that fit. and i gotta get the shop to spray through the fuel injectors and tune the timings, then i should be all set, 129,9XX kms, thats 80,000 miles on the blazer now got it with 50,000 on it 3 years ago So far only thing to die was the starter, ball joints, and a caliper.
Like the other few people who have little problems on here, You got yourself a lemon... Good to hear LOL

Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Beginning Member
jackalbud is on a distinguished road
Default New paint job

Over the weekend I painted the body line and frame so I didnt have to stare at rust cancer anymore. I used SEM Undercoating in rattle can form. Had to do a little bondo work in two spots. Next I have to do the grill. Pictures are in my album.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Started to fab up a place to mount accessory switches. I like hows its turning out so far Heres a teaser shot.
Name:  B5C0A933-EECC-47E6-B96D-846F6041FCCE-10043-00000A0C2F3D8E72.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  284.9 KB
Check out my build thread for more pics

Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

clean your switches, thats just nasty how dirty your parking light switch is.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?