General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Looks good... been thinking of doing mine white. Just to go with the body...

btw, is that the DIY brembo package?😉
Hey I was half tempted to get some Brembo or Wilwood caliper stickers and toss them on the face of them lol

Only reason I painted my old ones was because of some Firebird wheels I had on at the time, you could really see them and they POPPED with those wheels

Can hardly see them through my current wheels, but I still know their there and shiny

Old 09-27-2018, 11:28 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I would've done it lol...

Old 09-27-2018, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Powerstop if memory serves me right. Have the same brand on the Blazer and the wife's Elantra, no issues on either vehicle.

Made her install hers though

I saw that brand for sale at Rock Auto and prompted me to think they could be a good upgrade since I do use my Blazer to tow a boat. Have you liked them? Found them useful?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:30 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed the oil, transmission fluid, spark plug wires, and spark plugs. Went with Mobile One this time. Trying out the higher dollar Iridium plugs which are supposed to last four times longer. I added Lukas additive to the tranny fluid in the hopes that things will work a little smoother. I did find the reason for the engine idling slightly rough.....one of the plugs was pretty loose when I went to pull it out. Next up : new headlight and parking light assemblies received to day.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:54 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
I saw that brand for sale at Rock Auto and prompted me to think they could be a good upgrade since I do use my Blazer to tow a boat. Have you liked them? Found them useful?
So far I'm really liking them. A week after installing them on our Elantra we took the car on vacation from Florida to Tennessee, on the way back carving through some Georgia mountains, and they performed great! Have about 10k miles on the ones on the Elantra now, about the same on the Blazer's (the Elantra doesn't get driven near as much; my Blazer is my DD while the Elantra stays parked in the driveway most of the time and is used for our longer drives). Great stopping power, no brake fade that I've encountered, no warping, hardly ANY brake dust thanks to the ceramic pads, just overall a great setup!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed the new headlight and parking light assemblies. Pulled the grill to make it easier and found a huge nest in front of the radiator. Looked like mice maybe,

Old 09-29-2018, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Refilled front differential after replacing the left front output bearing and axle seal. Installed a new ball upper ball joint in the Rough Country upper control arm. To do so I used a bearing/ball joint press tool I rented from O'Reily's. Consulted with RC that yes, there is no need to install the spring retaining clip. (The original did not have one and it can't be fit in to the cavity anyway.) I also added a hose clamp to the inner lip of the left front inner CV joint boot as it looked like the boot material was coming loose. I added a hose clamp on the right side a couple years ago and it is still going fine. Finally I used the Permatex Spray Sealant on the lower left hand side of the timing chain cover where it meets the oil pan. I'm hoping it will plug the small leak there.

Tomorrow, replace the other upper ball joint and do a coolant flush. If I have time I might apply a little touch up paint.Then the truck will be ready for the winter.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran

Flares are mounted, just bondo and paint left.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:58 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Flares are mounted, just bondo and paint left.
Looks great!! Kudos on a job well done!!

Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran

Thank you sir, little bit left to do, but almost done.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?