General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Peco
Just chopped off about 6" off the exhaust tail pipe. Looks alittle cleaner for now till I get the cash to get muffler out duel exhaust.
dude don't even bother with mufflers. I just cut mine off today. It sounds so much better without a muffler and you get a little more horse power. Eventually when I have some more money I might invest in some dual straight pipes

Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

window was 100% (before the 12 ga) and window motor was 100% (not even slow) before the .50 s&w. the door was dented and the plastic trim was a bit roughed up. all in all i think i got my $'s worth

today i went shopping for new leafs. I'll post a different thread after searching a bit first...

Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol I'd love to shotgun something, I might have to go and do that soon...

Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 AM
nofearfactor is on a distinguished road

Changed out both CV boots and drive axles. Wasnt fun. Still. A few Heinie Darks and some Jager shots and got er done in a little over a few hours.

dude don't even bother with mufflers
I'm running true duals to cats to extra long glass packs then extend both sides out the back. I didnt think at first that a 4.3l thru duals/glass packs would sound very good but its growing on me. Glad I have a box /subs in the back though and good power so I can hear the music.Lolllll.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

changed rear diff fluid today, hoping to get the 4wd working properly in my k5 tomorrow

Old 02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up more like "what have I gotten in the last 2 weeks"

lets see...
ordered the tires & rims from Logan & they'll be on the blazer AS SOON AS HE SHIPS THE DAMN THINGS lol
made the shackles for the leaf springs & they'll go to powder coating today
ordered a MAF that will be here Thurs. from rockauto.com
when the tires get here they'll go on as well as the shackles with new bolts & bushings & the T Bar twist of an inch or so
I was going to sell my "old" tires to the shop I take the blazer to for his wifes durango
but it just hit me, duuuuuuuuh its a custom muffler shop, get dual exhaust in trade plus a hundred bucks in my pocket!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

GOT A NEW WINDSHIELD>..... woot woot...

TOo bad they messed up the weatherstriping around the doors... there are about 1-2 inch sags now... I called them and they were like... go buy double sided tape...

Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
dude don't even bother with mufflers. I just cut mine off today. It sounds so much better without a muffler and you get a little more horse power. Eventually when I have some more money I might invest in some dual straight pipes
Dual straight pipes = less back pressure = maybe some more horsepower but without the correct backpressure = early engine death

Old 02-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Dual straight pipes = less back pressure = maybe some more horsepower but without the correct backpressure = early engine death
+ cop attractor

Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah the late models need a certain amount of back pressure.
Get a single in/dual out muffler & go that way. With the right muffler it will sound good & not muck up the comp/engine.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?