General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Well...i guess its been a good day. Friends gf backed up into my truck. put a decent crease alone the edge of the wheel well lip. Her bf luckily is a mechanic/body man. so,hes going to fix it for me. Also made some money today too for once. Cool.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:20 PM
sickman420 is on a distinguished road

Plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Also tried to push the dent my dumb *** put in the gate when I backed into a telephone pole backing out of a friend's driveway. Didn't work out too well, the support for the spare tire mount kinda flattened out, so I couldn't move it at all, so I adjusted the window latch so its not such a pita to close. I feel like a dip****, cuz I knew that pole was there, I've backed out of his driveway quite a bit in the time we've known each other. Why can't stuff I own just stay nice?

Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Beginning Member
RED21 is on a distinguished road

Plastidip my bow tie, I just lightly masked it off, and away I sprayed, awesome stuff, I would recommend to anybody.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

just painted below the body trim flat black. tomorrow I am thinking of doing a photoshoot of the jimmy. I am jonsin to take photos of a car, and what better subject than this killer Jimmy LOL!

Old 04-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Not today, but yesterday I finally got 'er legal. Had it inspected the day before, just to be told 2 of my ball joints are shot... I just replaced those damn things. Good thing I had 2 extras and these can go back for warranty purposes.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:21 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I almost finished the last of my steering/suspension work on my '98 Jimmy. I installed a new steering gearbox with a new Pitman arm and started modifying the steering shaft for the Flaming River U-joint. I got tired of working on it and it got to be after 1am and I have a gig in the morning so I packed it up. Maybe after the gig I'll finish up the steering shaft and get the Jimmy back on the roadl

Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Can't remember if I posted this before or not ....

Behold! The bowtie .... in black duct tape.

Must've been a slow day around here that day!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-bowtieblazerducttape_zps6d1881e8.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 PM
sickman420 is on a distinguished road

Picked these up for 125. Guy selling them has 2 more he's got on a nova to move it around on that he's gonna be done with in a few months and he's gonna call me when he's ready to get rid of them. Next to blazerforum, Craigslist is the best site on the web.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-imag0611j.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

I went to have my Blazer aligned on Friday and they gave me a list of almost $1000 worth of repairs that need to be done. He sad he could have it done at the end of the day. I said I can't have it done that quickly, but I bet it will cost me much less:-)

So yesterday and some of today I worked on the left side control arm bushings and replaced both ball joints (joints are under warranty thankfully). Next weekend I'll do the other side and the idler arm (another warranty item) and try and get to a new pitman arm on. The bushings weren't much fun to get out, but I did find a way of using long bolts to pull the new bushings into the a-arms. Worked like a charm :-) I wish I could have done more, but I have to drive it to work tomorrow.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Flat-towed the newst blazer (a 96) out to the farm, has bad engine bearings, 97 is back on the road for now. Hoping the engine from the 94 parts blazer will work in the 96 chassis. Alot of work ahead of me, guess the first thing to do is pull the 96 engine and see what the damage is, id suspect the crank is toast.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?