General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:41 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

You know what's funny, I found a leather rear seat from a 2 door on ebay not to long after I posted my last response. But the split fold setup was 60/40, Mine's 50/50.
That Gazebo is pretty nice, too. We've been thinking about getting one of those.

Last edited by cbr995; 02-21-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat as Chris...

Went did the loop: Harbor Freight Tools (skill saw, blades, ladder, chalk line), Chevron (Fuel for Balzer, Lawn Mower, and Hedge Trimmer), Home Depot (Lumber*, Gutters, Concrete, Mounting hardware, a heavy tined rake, and a wheel barrow)

Loaded all of that crap in the Blazer (with my 6 year old riding shotgun) and strapped the lumber to the roof basket... WORKED BEAUTIFULLY! *I had to get 24 ceadar fence posts, PT 4x4s, and PT 2x4's... I have to re-do the fence i threw up last fall and failed at because i did it half-assed. now with my man-cred revoked (who can't build a fence for God's sake) i get to redeem myself this spring

Old 02-21-2010, 10:55 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

since we are talking about using our roof racks...
I had my kayak on top. AKA, the Banana Boat.

Last edited by cbr995; 02-21-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:11 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABN31B
well i got my *** handed to me by my leaf springs....
killed the old bushings, added new bushings, found out that 4 or the 6 i bought were the wrong size. got drunk instead. Saturday = Wasted.

To alcohol the cause and solution to all of man's problems.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
You know what's funny, I found a leather rear seat from a 2 door on ebay not to long after I posted my last response. But the split fold setup was 60/40, Mine's 50/50.
That Gazebo is pretty nice, too. We've been thinking about getting one of those.

funny how that happens, eh

the 60/40 split is much nice, IMO. how much were they asking for the set?

and that Gazebo was a deal i couldn't pass up, even though the piggy bank is lookin' mighty thin. Mal-Wart just opened a new store in Alliston, ON on the 4th of February, and while i was up there during the first week they were open, i saw it, and it was asvertized for $129. "wow!" i thought, "that's a great price!". but when i asked about it, the kid told me they hadn't received them yet (shipping issue). when he went to check on when it was coming in, he found out it was supposed to be $198. so, since i had seen it with that price shown, i was able to get one for that price, when they came in.

score on for me!

Originally Posted by ABN31B
I'm in the same boat as Chris...

I have to re-do the fence i threw up last fall and failed at because i did it half-assed. now with my man-cred revoked (who can't build a fence for God's sake) i get to redeem myself this spring
the woman who originally owned my house. she had her daughter's boyfriend put in a fence the year before we bought it. he only sunk the concrete 18" into the ground. since we have a hugh berm in our backyard (railway tracks), and our high water table, every Winter (this is the second one for us) when the ground freezes, the fence gets all bent outta shape . so much so that the gate won't open (or close now) once the ground gets nice & solid.

so now i've gotta dig down 6' with the sauna tube to get below the water table, and prevent everything from lifting. so don't feel bad Curtis, 'cause i hear from the neighbours this guy was supposedly in the deck & fence business..................which also explains the issue with the "pool" on my deck.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:44 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oisinirish
To alcohol the cause and solution to all of man's problems.
I'll drink to that!

pool on your deck? Damn you're living the high life now! but, not much use for an outdoor pool that far north, eh?

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-21-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Skating rink on the porch in the winter? LOL.. Yeah winter heave can really suck.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran

nothing a quick taste of the drill can't tame....

or just sprinkle some silica sand on the deck next time you laquer her down

Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I finally had my Dad install my new seatbelt so my ticket can be dismissed. So now I can sit in my driver's seat next to half my engine and be safe! But I get to work on the Burban soon. The driver side brake keeps locking, and it wouldn't do it as bad if he knew how to freakin drive and didn't hit the brakes hard. But Godforbid I try to tell him how to do something. I'm thinking one of the lines is kinked, not letting the pressure release properly. But I can't do anything until the weekend when he's actually home all day and can take the tire off for me. Stupid pregnancy not letting me lift heavy objects.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I finally had my Dad install my new seatbelt so my ticket can be dismissed. So now I can sit in my driver's seat next to half my engine and be safe! But I get to work on the Burban soon. The driver side brake keeps locking, and it wouldn't do it as bad if he knew how to freakin drive and didn't hit the brakes hard. But Godforbid I try to tell him how to do something. I'm thinking one of the lines is kinked, not letting the pressure release properly. But I can't do anything until the weekend when he's actually home all day and can take the tire off for me. Stupid pregnancy not letting me lift heavy objects.
Lol... you can take it off, just kinda push it... lolz... getting it back on would be the hard part

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?