General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road
Default yup...

Originally Posted by Horton
I liked the look of the LED's over my stock light (brighter, more attractive), also the housing was a bit tarnished, couldn't polish it up well, and a couple of the lights burnt out. On top of being new to replacing things I didn't want to keep pulling them off junkers and running outside the yard just to see how they work/look. Figured while replacing the tail lights might as well just get something matching for the 3rd light. There was a deal for 10% off if I spent over 100 bux so it was impulsive to just buy that as well. Think they turned out well. I'll post pics this weekend!
No camera here at work

Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Horton
I liked the look of the LED's over my stock light (brighter, more attractive), also the housing was a bit tarnished, couldn't polish it up well, and a couple of the lights burnt out. On top of being new to replacing things I didn't want to keep pulling them off junkers and running outside the yard just to see how they work/look. Figured while replacing the tail lights might as well just get something matching for the 3rd light. There was a deal for 10% off if I spent over 100 bux so it was impulsive to just buy that as well. Think they turned out well. I'll post pics this weekend !
For future reference, bring a 9v battery with you next time, will be enough to power them to make sure they work, and to polish them up to stock, wetsand with 3000 gritt sand paper, then polish with meguiars scratch x 2.0, then go over with a good finishing polishing compound. done it a few times.
But I am glad you are happy.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road

Oh wow, thanks for that info. I did keep the stock one, guess i'll just take that advice and polish that bad boy up, maybe replace a couple bulbs, and keep it for when this Dorman one fails (and it will). The 9v is a great idea. I didn't even think to bring a power source. Lessons learned thanks a ton man !

Old 05-10-2013, 01:48 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I've got a set of LED tails on the way and I'm contemplating on whether to just replace the bulbs in the existing third light with LEDs, or buy a new one.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

See that is the tough thing there, its better off to get a new one than replace the LED's, as you are not sure which LED's were used, and finding ones with the same forward voltage ect to match the ones on the board already will be extremely hard.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Will be installing my balljoint spacers and new front shocks

Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Beginning Member
JAKT is on a distinguished road

Installed new front driver's side fender and waxed front bumper to remove rust stains the other day.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM
sickman420 is on a distinguished road

Not really done to my blazer, but done for my blazer... And not really done today, but over the past 3 days... And not even really done yet cuz I gotta hit it with some clear... And not even close to done cuz I got 5 more to do... But, I did do the black after work today, and I'm totally digging it...

What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-imag0614m.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Looks good my friend

Old 05-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Not to much just redid my sway bar quick discos. Pics I'm my build thread of course!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?