General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Got tires put on my rims but.... They put 35x12.5 tires on them. That ain't gunna fit...

And they can't get any STTs in 33x12.5 so they ordered some Hankook Dynapro MTs.

Might try other places for the STTs cause I'm not a big fan of the Hankooks looks.

Take your fenders off

Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tommyraybradley
Nice!!! That's one of my favorite things to do as well. What kind of system are you rockN?
Just an apline type r 12 on a hifonics 1000.1d, box is 2.2 cubes tuned to I believe 31 or 32hz. It gets down... loud enough to make the windshield wipers do a little dance. so it makes me happy, and people put up their windows thinking it will stop the bass... so that makes me laugh.
I am going to be putting components in the kicks on another amp, but priorities right now LOL
what are you working with?

Side note, was driving around, and noticed when I hit bumps, the passenger light vibrates a bit, its even more noticeable now with HID's. I think I already figured out the problem (the trim ring that holds the light in place is giving the housing some forward and backwards movement. so some simple adjustments will fix it.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by newguy
Take your fenders off
Lol would still probably rub.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
we did indeed have some seating and clip issues. but all is in there now.

I am wondering this..

I snapped off one of the zerk fittings on a u joint,its the center u joint,so i cant grease it. Sure it had a bit in the joint from factory,but im wondering if its because i didnt pack it with grease its causing a vibration.
Hate to tell you this ... but I think that's the problem. The factory puts just enough crap grease in there to keep the needles from spilling out everywhere. I think your gonna have to be doing that one twice .... Those things live on a good synthetic grease. The stuff they use at the factory I wouldn't even use to lube a door lock cylinder.

Throw the truck in neutral and check for any play at the front, then at the rear one. The slightest bit of movement will be felt starting around 40 - 45 mph and get worse the faster you go.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Yea. im kinda kicking myself about it. At least the gm nylon is burned out now. All i need is a hammer and a pick. lol

Old 05-26-2013, 08:30 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

put my new rear shocks on, suspension work is done

Old 05-26-2013, 10:01 AM
tommyraybradley is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Just an apline type r 12 on a hifonics 1000.1d, box is 2.2 cubes tuned to I believe 31 or 32hz. It gets down... loud enough to make the windshield wipers do a little dance. so it makes me happy, and people put up their windows thinking it will stop the bass... so that makes me laugh.
I am going to be putting components in the kicks on another amp, but priorities right now LOL
what are you working with?

Side note, was driving around, and noticed when I hit bumps, the passenger light vibrates a bit, its even more noticeable now with HID's. I think I already figured out the problem (the trim ring that holds the light in place is giving the housing some forward and backwards movement. so some simple adjustments will fix it.
A pair of 12in Kicker CompVR's with a Memphis Amp running at 1ohm, Infinity Kappa 6x9s in back and 6.5in Kappa's up front with a Clarion Deck.

I had a pair of 10in Type R's. Sound quality is amazing but the Kicker's just f'N THUMP!!! I wanna try the Infinity Kappa 12 inch subs. Never heard them myself but they get great reviews and look well built.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:41 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Began the process of trimming back my bumper to stop the rubbing of my tires
Name:  9HGBTzxl.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  49.4 KB

Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

well,spent the last 5 hours (yes i said 5) replacing that u joint. Even tried turning the rear shaft 180 to see if it was a balance issue. Still vibrates really bad. put the truck up on jacks and got it up to 80 mph. Looked at the driveline and the rear shaft is shaking,and i have a jet roar on and off in the rear... I also noticed i lost my wheel weights on my driverside rear tire. looks to be a decent size. maybe a ounce. Im sure thats contributing.

So a balance,and a rear end to come. $0 in my pocket. Great.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
well,spent the last 5 hours (yes i said 5) replacing that u joint. Even tried turning the rear shaft 180 to see if it was a balance issue. Still vibrates really bad. put the truck up on jacks and got it up to 80 mph. Looked at the driveline and the rear shaft is shaking,and i have a jet roar on and off in the rear... I also noticed i lost my wheel weights on my driverside rear tire. looks to be a decent size. maybe a ounce. Im sure thats contributing.

So a balance,and a rear end to come. $0 in my pocket. Great.
Get out and work them streets....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?