General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member
johnjfeher is an unknown quantity at this point

went wheeling today for the first time with my new tires and they performed flawlessly

here are some pics, for any of you guys in eastern PA ill give you directions and stuff for this trail, its moderately difficult. large rocks, steep inclines water and everything. my little blazer kept up with my buddy's FJ cruiser whose locked front and back with 33s

John_Feher's Library | Photobucket

Last edited by johnjfeher; 05-27-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I just cleaned mine out, didn't do much today.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today I did nothing, but notice that every morning after the truck has been sitting all night, something makes a noise in the pulley area for about a minute or 2. its a squeak noise that gets faster or slower with the RPM of the engine. I narrowed it down to the top passenger of the engine area, Thinking it is the tensioner pulley. It did this during the winter as well...... I will replace this some day............. soon.
The only other thing on that side that it could be is the AC compressor, or the idler pulley. AC compressor was replaced in 2011... sooooo.. that leaves the other option.
Which brings me to a second question, the jimmy has both and idler pulley, and a tensioner pulley, correct?

Last edited by richphotos; 05-28-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

yes,rich. they sure do.

So yesterday I didnt do much. Went fishing with my grandfather. Brother met us there in his saturn. on the way home we stopped by the store and got a can of freon for his car. his window is dead on his side,and he had no ac. well,we charged her up and it works great. Hopefully no leaks. He had a can left. he gave it to me for mine.. Well,i put it in mine. While charging and waiting on the compressor to kick on for its first time being dead for dunno how long...well...it did..and said

"GROWL""GROWL""GROWL""GROWL""GROWL""GROWL""GROWL"" GROWL""

Yep,lets add a compressor to the list of crap thats broken.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Thager is on a distinguished road

cleaned my k&n air filter and removed the grille to see what space there is for a trans cooler

Old 05-28-2013, 06:04 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Nothing lately done to the blazer. Just built my own computer. Pretty happy the way it turned out. Should last me awhile. I'm still deciding whether I should upgrade my front end to the 98+ style. I'm leaning towards it, but it would be a few weeks before I got around to it. We will see...

Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Starting Member

I went up to the farm to play around in the mud and to test out my new lights, the lights worked well all night and I managed not to get stuck this time.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bear159
I went up to the farm to play around in the mud and to test out my new lights, the lights worked well all night and I managed not to get stuck this time.
Pics or it didnt happen lol

Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Starting Member

I only have a few pics and a short video I will try to put it up tomorrow.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I did nothing today, and nothing tomorrow, and nothing thursday, and nothing friday, and nothing saturday

Sunday I plan on sanding off the top of the passenger fender from the body line up to the hood, and respraying it black and clearing it, the paint at the hood line is starting to peel off. Might hit up the u pull on Saturday see what I can find fender wise and body trim wise. (drivers fender)

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?