General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Im going to take a wild guess ign switch ??

What fuse is blowing any ways.
Nope ign, switch is fine,,,ecm fuse blows, no spark. Happen a week ago also. Thought I had it fixed, drove it for a week and it happened again. Now i`m overthinking this. Need to back away for a while

Old 06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Got bored and decided to paint my bow tie and skid plate neon green.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-ghcsjtal.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-qssrc5hl.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by newguy
Nope ign, switch is fine,,,ecm fuse blows, no spark. Happen a week ago also. Thought I had it fixed, drove it for a week and it happened again. Now i`m overthinking this. Need to back away for a while
Sounds like when I blew my cam shaft sensor harness on the manifold. Check that area.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

replaced the front hub bearing assemblies that I got from Rock Auto
I couldnt break the axle nut loose on one side
My twin stack compressor doesnt have enough capacity for my impact and I was actually bouncing with both feat on my 18" breaker bar
Ended up driving over to a buddies shop and getting him to loosen it for me

Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Sounds like when I blew my cam shaft sensor harness on the manifold. Check that area.
Thats what i found today! A loom of wire laying on the manifold melted. I believe when I hit a bump the burnt pink power wire would hit the manifold and pop the fuse. It only failed when I hit a bump. Thanks Thogert. Your getting points for this!

Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Just made a rough cardboard template on the half door project so not much but it's something anyway. It felt good to be working on the blazer again

Old 06-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Twip will become famous soon enough

check my Building of Bailey thread.
lifted it a little bit with an AAL and slight t-bar crank. got the trailer plug re-wired and relocated! going to be doing brakes soon all the way around.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I got back to work on my '98 Jimmy today. I started the process of replacing the leaking oil cooler lines. I'll probably finish up in the morning.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Got back from pick ur part with an astro steering shaft. They have two U joints. I lengthened it about 6 1/2 inches . Looks to be a shoe in to replace the rag and tulip joints. The hole in the firewall isnt big enough to pull the tulip thru soo have to split the steering shaft in half. Wonder who in the design team figgures that one out.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Let us know how that swap works out! I need to do something with mine since I have a small bind since I put my BL on and that sounds like a cheap way to go and there are a million Astros in the yards around me.

I just made a bracket to hold my shift controller in place and tested my alt with a multi-meter since my battery was dead today I think its on its way out! Pics in my build thread.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?