General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
My boss pays for my gas so I don't even look at the price anymore

COUGH show off COUGH

Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

put my brandy new Rough Country UCAs in today, ditched the stockers w/bj spacers and flipped ball joints. Spacers will be for sale here shortly as I don't have a use now. Also got some new plugs in while I had the wheels off.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Yeah rich stop being a show off you big show off!!

Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Yeah rich stop being a show off you big show off!!
Sorry, I cant help it, I was born this way.. haha

Old 06-06-2013, 02:49 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nunya
put my brandy new Rough Country UCAs in today, ditched the stockers w/bj spacers and flipped ball joints. Spacers will be for sale here shortly as I don't have a use now. Also got some new plugs in while I had the wheels off.
issues with the spacers or just liked rough country set up better

Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
issues with the spacers or just liked rough country set up better
Both, I think they emphasized a control arm that was getting weak (unable to notice before hand to the naked eye) the added stress from the spacer was splitting the arm right through the middle of the ball joint mounting area. I like to call it "my luck"

Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Looked under the truck, was nice to look under there and see no oil at all. So glad I deleted the remote filter.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Fired mine up Thursday to move a 5,000 lb. Chevy Tahoe. It's been on my car trailer for weeks, and something suddenly came up, and I needed the trailer NOW. All by myself with no one to steer the dead Tahoe, I'm sitting there wondering how in the hell I'm going to get this thing off without killing myself, the Blazer, or my well head.

Ended up hooking a heavy tie down strap to the Blazer, and lightly set he E-brake in the Tahoe, cranked the wheel to where it looked good, laid a few 4x4's down on the ground to slow the Tahoe down once it got moving, then threw the Blazer in 4-low and pulled. Everything went smoothly ... until that thing hit the ramps. MAN did that thing start MOVING!! Much faster than I anticipated. It ran right over the 4x4's, but the low tires, e-brake and grass eventually slowed it down before it would have slammed the Blazer. Looking in the rearview it looked MUCH closer than it is in the pic!

I now had to park the Tahoe after flipping it around 180°. Yanked it backward towards the road with the wheel cut right .... straightened wheel and pulled up road about 50' .. cranked wheel tot he right again and pulled it into it's spot. Not a bad parking job if I don't say so me-self.

Blazer has SO much torque in 4-low. Was able to get the Tahoe moving without even touching the gas. Just idling it pulled that thing no problem whatsoever. Blazer hadn't been started in over 4 weeks so that was a good exercise for it. Was shocked to see my slight oil leak from the adapter had stopped! Running Amsoil Z-rod, so I guess what they say about it having seal conditioners is true. Works for me!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-95d03136-c5ad-4b6a-9000-a84b4e5cbf69_zpsaea9bfb1.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tahoeremovingfromtrailer_zps86959b2f.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-tahoeparked_zpsff26b6ca.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NCRD1331
Amazon.com: *NLTRSM*Nippon 48 tailgate light, 4 functions, running light, left/right signal, brake/reverse ligh: Automotive

Had this ordered up, came home to it on my back step. wired it up in around 15 minutes (trying to find the darn wires and having the built up dirt rain into my eyes). Looks nice with right/left, brake, running lights, and reverse functions.

Couldn't beat it for 30 bucks.
Don't mind if I rip off your idea there. I've wanted something similar for some time, but wasn't sure if it would fit in the gap as it sat from the factory, or if a body lift was required.

As for me, I'll be replacing the intake manifold gasket this weekend.

Our regular gas here is 85 octane, and it's absolute crap. Mid grade is 87, and premium is 89.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member
CoffeeAddict is on a distinguished road

In the middle of doing a complete brake job. Have a feeling its may end up an all night process its going to be interesting to say the least.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?