General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

honestly i wouldnt drive it. Those springs are the only thing holding up your back end.

Where are you located? If you have a pick n pull/pull it yourself yard near you a set of leaf springs are only like 20 bucks,but you have to pull them. Which isnt bad if you bring a sawzall and a pack of blades. cut the u bolts,etc. Cut the mounting bolts and shes out.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member
iGameInverted is on a distinguished road

The only option I would have would be to have a shop do it here. I am temporarily living in Mass and don't have access to a garage here (nor do I feel comfortable doing all the labor myself). I typically have my grandfather who has a lot of experience with working on Chevys.

I have no other mode of transportation as well so I will have to drive it minimum 4 miles every day until I can get it fixed.

The garage I would have access to is about 320 miles or so away and I would be able to work on it on labor day. I don't mind ordering the parts new I just don't want to pay someone an arm and a leg in labor.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Well,just trying to save you some money. theres a pick it yard in "Freetown" and "Millis". site shows springs are 40 bucks each. Better then 200+.

Wait. Just looked on rock auto. Brand new ones for 124 bucks each. just google the part #,itll be first link.
UCF Part # 221013

Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Beginning Member
iGameInverted is on a distinguished road

I was estimating the cost to do both sides. Since the other side is just as bad it just hasn't broken yet.

I am just trying to get some opinions on dive safety because my only real option is suck it up, order the parts, and drive 300 miles. Or get it fixed at a shop I've never been to and in a state I don't typically live in (and pay for labor).

And if I am going to do the job myself, get an idea of what parts I will need in addition to the leafsprings.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

well i was going to wash the work truck after my short job today...and then the radiator decided to check out early! so instead of a wash and some wax/polish, she got a new radiator. which i just changed over the 4th of July!!!! guess Napa doesnt make certain things like they used to! just glad that isnt not too hard to change.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

let me see here, today I did nothing but work, and finally pass my kidney stone, but I did a lot of looking up on which LED's to get, to do my switch back LED's in the bumper blinkers on the jimmy, trying to find a good white LED to match the color temp of my HID's. Should be pretty sweet when done.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Custom switchbacks? I'm listening.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:29 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by richphotos
let me see here, today I did nothing but work, and finally pass my kidney stone, but I did a lot of looking up on which LED's to get, to do my switch back LED's in the bumper blinkers on the jimmy, trying to find a good white LED to match the color temp of my HID's. Should be pretty sweet when done.

You passed your stone?

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-1847617-internet_high_five.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 AM
bikerboy117 is on a distinguished road

Finally got mine to start.

Fusible link burned out. Ran a patch wire to get it home after a week in bank parking lot. Ill need to do it right later.

Found out that truck has some bodacious oil leaks. Front crank seal for sure, rear main may need replacing too.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by slcblazer
haha whatever works!
LOL, new radiator for 93 bucks, putting it in tomorrow am

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?