General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Got the dreaded P1441 code :/
Just going to start swapping out parts, I tell ya, its getting harder and harder to love my blazer when it is always having a problem lol

Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Well, the no voltage drop was short lived, I am pretty sure the alt is on its way out, I noticed on cold starts the interior lights flicker for about 15-20 seconds in the morning. I just brushed it off. and now that this is happening with the AC on.

Looks like its time to upgrade to an ad244... in the next couple weeks at the most.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I think I solved my P0440 code. A few weeks ago I changed my fuel pump, and while in there I noticed the outside of gas tank was quite rusty around the fuel pump area(large flakes). There was no sign of leakage, so I re-installed the tank with the intent to replace it ASAP. So, I replaced the tank a week or so ago, and so far the code hasn't come back. Fingers crossed!

The bottom of the tank looked great, but the top had a decent layer of silt on it that you couldn't see.

Now I have a COURTESY fuse that keeps blowing...

Old 08-26-2013, 12:48 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Well,i may not have a blazer.

Im in a royal heap of trouble with myself. 45 day temp tag run out in 2 days,and i lost the title cant get it registered. Cant file for lost title since when i first got it,i didnt have the money to transfer the title,so i just got the 45 day tag. Cant get info of owner on title. Unless i find it,il be parting it out,and scrapping it.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Well,i may not have a blazer.

Im in a royal heap of trouble with myself. 45 day temp tag run out in 2 days,and i lost the title cant get it registered. Cant file for lost title since when i first got it,i didnt have the money to transfer the title,so i just got the 45 day tag. Cant get info of owner on title. Unless i find it,il be parting it out,and scrapping it.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

well,thankfully i still had the owners address in my gps. If i dont find it i will send them a letter begging to help me,that i will pay them for the troubles. I HOPE this works out. this blazer drives mint,and has loads of power. No way im getting screwed again...

AKA GET YOUR TITLE TRANSFERRED THE DAY YOU BUY IT lol

Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a busy past couple hours. Went and looked around the Pick N Pull and another self service yard today. Pick N Pull had 1 first gen Jimmy and that was it. No other first gens. Nothing I saw on it would have been worth any trouble. Buddy's (The other self service yard), had quite a few first gens. Went to digging, found a full set of aluminum skid plates, but didn't have the cash on hand to grab them. Also found a grill, pretty decent condition for $20. I cracked it, while taking it out of the other car... She's slowly coming back together! Have my bumper being built, but a very slow guy, at least he ain't charging much!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20130826_151016.jpg  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
well,thankfully i still had the owners address in my gps. If i dont find it i will send them a letter begging to help me,that i will pay them for the troubles. I HOPE this works out. this blazer drives mint,and has loads of power. No way im getting screwed again...

AKA GET YOUR TITLE TRANSFERRED THE DAY YOU BUY IT lol
I call dibs on the drivers fender.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Chris, if you can get a title from another state, you'll be all set. VT is friendly to out of staters registering old vehicles there without having to live, or have a mailing address. UT is another state where it's easy to get a title. I got one there for a 28 year old motorcycle I was trying to get on the road. Found someone willing to run for me (for a fee), and in less than a week I had a MA title in hand.

If I could do that in this state, ANYONE can.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 AM
BF Veteran

Well,im not out of the woods yet, Ive yet to find it. BUT i was looking underneath my seats in the blazer,and noticed a commercial autozone receipt with his address and a PHONE number. Called it and he answered. Told him my situation and he understood. He said he'd call his mother (who owned the blazer,he just did the business side selling it) and ask if shed mind getting a title duplicate. He called me back and she said yes,that it'll be Thursday before she can do it. Whew. crossing fingers.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?