General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Badco,remove the lower hose from the engine and remove the thermostat. replace the stat housing back on and shove the hose in the upper hose and let it flush for a few minutes. Also backflush your heater core too.

Your cooling system will <3 you.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

I dont think I'll be doing that, I know I should. I'm having a problem with the lowest most hose on the driver side. It's seized maybe? it's metal to hose so all the work just bends the hose.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

I got it. I had to remove the oil cooler lines from the filter housing, bend them up down here and there because some idiot put brake lines or something between the two cooler lines, so it couldn't just pull out. Then the lines had to be twisted off with the coupling because that had seized. It all went pretty good. 3 hrs for my first radiator... hopefully I'll knock it down to 1 for my next one.

And I had totally forgot don't mix green and red. wicked derp on my part, but it's out now. I wanted to do a full flush aswell but didn't have the time or ambition. I'll flush it come spring or so. That was fun! I want to do something else.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Soldered up some new LED's for the reverse lights... not even funny how bright these suckers are. Will get a photo shortly.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Got nichias this time. The ones in there now are some no name ebay leds. I will get pics tomorrow after I install them

Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran

Here they are, taken with cell phone, there were no lights on anywhere, this is all the reverse lights, 30 of them lit up here, there will be 15 per side

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20130907_211328.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Started on the intake gasket replacement, cant get the egr tube nut to loosen from the intake manifold. Dont have a line wrench big enough and a crecent wrench just seems to do nothing but try to round off the nut. Guess i go hunting for a new wrench tomorrow...

Old 09-07-2013, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by racsan
Started on the intake gasket replacement, cant get the egr tube nut to loosen from the intake manifold. Dont have a line wrench big enough and a crecent wrench just seems to do nothing but try to round off the nut. Guess i go hunting for a new wrench tomorrow...
Just use a channel lock or vise grips

Old 09-07-2013, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
Here they are, taken with cell phone, there were no lights on anywhere, this is all the reverse lights, 30 of them lit up here, there will be 15 per side
They look great, but you may have an issue with focus. If you could get a little more 'hotspot' I think it would look better. Although that is a s***load of light.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?