General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Just sealed the deal on my next project to join the elite club of warthogdriver status mods!!!!!!! Hopefully be picking parts up the end of next week or for sure the following week

Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

FINALLY installed my overhead console! Aside for cutting the headliner, it was a bolt in installation using all factory parts! Oh, and all LEDs

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20131113_132219.jpg  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Man I wish I didn't have a sun roof I love the look of the full length overhead!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Beginning Member
johnjfeher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trans blew

looking to sell my blazer with the blown trans everything else runs fine just needs a new tranny looking to part out or sell as a whole for dirt cheep check out my ad in the for sale classified section, thanks!

Old 11-13-2013, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

if I could find a damn source for amber lumileds that was not out of stock, I could get rocking on these switch backs for the bumper of the jimmy. But future electronics is out, every person on ebay is over seas, and i do not trust that.. Waiting for a response from my buddy to find some.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:45 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

New gas tank arrives today. Seeing I had the old one dropped lastsummer for the new pump, it should only take an hour or so to swap in the new one

Old 11-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Finally got my sliders bolted back on after paint and I also just order an LED light for under the hood like thogert had thanks to his help some time ago telling me how to do it since I know crap about LED's lol!!

Pics in my build of course!

Almost forgot I went to the stupid DMV and renewed my expired registration today as well. No more love sauuce for now I didn't feel like paying them an extra $45 to have that plate but I have 6 months to swap them back if I decide I want them again.

Last edited by rexmburns; 11-14-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:20 PM
DesertStorm is on a distinguished road

no actual work done on desertstorm but have decided the route i am going to go in my build. will start a build thread pretty soon to show progress on it so far

Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member
iian is on a distinguished road

Went to Pick n Pull for there fill your pockets for $5 day. Got a Electronic Actuator with the blue arm. Installed it and it works!!!
Now I just need to JB Weld the plastic trim piece that has Striker part attached to where it goes on the glass. One good things the thieves did breaking into my Blazer. Made it really easy for this repair.

Also found out my new Brake Light does not work. Not getting power back there for some reason.

1 for 2 isn't too bad I guess.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Well, I might be getting some Cree amber LED's instead. I am waiting for the person to respond on pricing, and how they match up to lumiled's. Cree is a great brand though, so I am sure they are up there, if not brighter.

*edit* it looks like I will be getting 120 of the amber Cree LED's. I already have the white LED's. Then all I will have to get is the Switch back circuits, and the clear housings for the bumpers. And I will have switchback LED's in the bumper signals, Stoked... that will be one more thing on a first gen that can only be found on this truck... MWAHAHA!

*edit again* Just placed an order for 120 amber Cree LED's, 27 total with shipping. Cant wait to get them.

Last edited by richphotos; 11-15-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?